Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of our so called fans are a disgrace

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I'm still on train home would have happily settled for point this morning but we should have had 3 team were outstanding today I thought i don't really blame Casper but he is not up to this standard and he was gutted too u could see it knew he had f..... Up

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Were any of you at Birmingham? Im as disappointed as the next fan but no keeper is immune.

No one is saying that other keepers don't make howlers on occasion but the frequency of Ankergren's ones is far beyond what most supporters consider acceptable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I always feel nervous when he is playing in goal , this howler was on par with Kuszcak's fumble at Birmingham both of which occurred with only minutes until the end of the game. In hindsight the draw was a fair result considering the way we played over 90+ minutes , a win would have been better but a bit of a smash and grab.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Everybody is entitled to express their opinion, mine is that Casper made a terrible mistake but there's no need to abuse him. He obviously didn't do it on purpose and he'll be feeling worse than we do.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What I mean is, it is a game of football. If anyone truely thinks their lives are impacted by the result of a game of football or if even we go up this season they must have charmed lives as in the scheme of things it is belly button fluff, of no consequence whatsoever.

I don't think anyone has expressed the view that their personal life is seriously impacted by a goalkeeping error (unless they really are on 'tenderhooks' rather than tenterhooks when Ankergren plays!). The fact that it's true that there is a limited impact to our lives doesn't mean we can't express strong emotions about the game.

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
Casper cost us last season at games like Coventry(AWAY) and many others. Played vs Newscastle didn't have to deal with much, but looked very shakey, Arsenal if we had PIG we would have won 2-1. The last two goals were just a poor lack of judgement for Casper, and now today! I would stick Stinky Peter in just because of height, and he is more of just a crap goalie, but he dosent make big mistakes like this!

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
People on here are so clueless about keeping and the psychology of being a keeper it is unreal and it really annoys me. I very much hope gus did not bollock casper today as that would be TERRIBLE management.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Casper had a good game made an error but his saves had helped us in the game.They might of still scored in the 4 minutes of injury time. If he plays Tuesday I hope we get 110 per cent behind him and not get on his back.And yes I have seen the goal he let in but ever keeper makes howlers like this from time to time.Even Joe Hart.....Im pleased to be in the top 6 and lets get behind Casper if he plays Tuesday:thumbsup:

Brezovan should play on tuesday if the BPIG is still not fit,\Gus has got it wrong Brezovan is the better of the two by far

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
People on here are so clueless about keeping and the psychology of being a keeper it is unreal and it really annoys me. I very much hope gus did not bollock casper today as that would be TERRIBLE management.

Sorry, I do know about goalkeeping and Casper needs a massive rocket up his arse, yes he made some routine saves but the second goal was a simple case of lack of concentration and for a professional this not acceptable. He is a liability, if PIG is not back for tues and Sat we will. Not make play offs!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Not just on here though. Every fan interviewed on the radio prior to the game today expressed concern about Ankergren's inclusion. I think he's alright as a back up keeper, but he does make mistakes every match he plays. We're getting to the business end of the season now, its all fine margins, and he's cost us a couple of points. He'll know that though.

Still, I'd have settled for a 2-2 at 3pm today, so its not all doom and gloom.

:)

Also that wasn't just any old mistake, its about as bad as it gets.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
People are not disgraces. They're just expressing their frustration.

I can understand howlers when a keeper misjudges the flight of a ball and it bounces out for a striker to poke in, or doesn't get a strong enough hand onto a ball, but this was really poor technique. His body shape was completely wrong for gathering the routine low shot. If he hasn't got that down by his early thirties, he doesn't deserve to be playing Championship football.

Unfortunately this is the truth.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
This thread is disgrace, having a go at our fans because some arent happy that the keeper lets the ball through his legs with 3 minutes to go!
Come on littlehampton, he has a history of this. The last was Arsenals winner in the cup and then there was leeds and others etc etc.
Casper is a good keeper but in the Champsionship, when the other sides have 2 or 3 good chances per game, he lets you down with a gaff and fans are right to be pissed off. Stakes are high. Its not as if its a one off. We need a better back up keeper than Casper. I can't wait for the PIG to be back.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Casper had a good game made an error but his saves had helped us in the game.They might of still scored in the 4 minutes of injury time. If he plays Tuesday I hope we get 110 per cent behind him and not get on his back.And yes I have seen the goal he let in but ever keeper makes howlers like this from time to time.Even Joe Hart.....Im pleased to be in the top 6 and lets get behind Casper if he plays Tuesday:thumbsup:
i was there and i agree i thought he had a good game apart from the error

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here