Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Some love for the team

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
...ok , we're all a bit disappointed with the draw, totally outplayed the league leaders imo. They only looked a threat from a few set pieces.

A poor substitution aside (Hemed for Sidwell) I thought the lads played really well and not only outclassed Burnley but entertained the sell out crowd today.

Disappointed with the draw but still gave confidence this group will fight to the end and their class will prevail

UTA!!

Great post - couldn't agree more. Am gutted as we deserved to win but a draw isn't the end of the world I guess - proud of this team for sure :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We played some lovely footballl today and the players deserved a win, the effort can not be faulted.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Talked to several Burnley fans on the way home and they separately said that we would do better in the Prem than them. After today can't argue with that.
Chatted with a Burnley chap on the train to Lewes. He though Knockheart was immense and that corners were their only danger today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone have any footage of Knockaert controlling the ball with snow on it, in front of the dugouts?

From the Family Stand it looked worth the license fee alone.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Does anyone have any footage of Knockaert controlling the ball with snow on it, in front of the dugouts?

It'll be on Soccer A.M. next Saturday. #showboat

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I sit in line with the 6 yard box and couldn't help but think that Wilson made his run too soon. Will need to watch again.

Wilson kept the defender between himself and Murphy. Murphy was expecting and waiting for him to cut across the defender, but he didn't.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I thought Baldock was looking very sharp until his injury. Hopefully not too bad.

Someone asked Baldock about the injury on the way out of the ground and he said it wasn't serious but might miss the Birmingham game as a precaution.

That first 45 minutes was a pleasure to watch some of our play was superb.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It was quite stunning. Disappointed with a point today, could have had all three, but still plenty of life in this division yet. We're still going to Boro for a top-two shoot-out, winner takes all.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think we'll romp this league next year if we don't quite make it this year.
A couple more additions would give us the best squad in the league.
And, this time, the manager will not be uping sticks and ****ing off.

That's how I see it, seeing as Leicester did. Play off heart break to destroying the league next. Either way, the game's achievements this season have been nothing short of phenomenal.

Baldock is an underrated player IMO. His touches and passes are sublime to watch, but also his movement. He doesn't score often, but he does much, much more...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It was a fantastic game of football that had everything in it and was a pleasure to watch.

With the performance, Albion showed that:
1. They're as good if not better than any side in the division.
2. There's absolutely no sign of falling away.

There'll be dropped points by all of the top 4 in the run-in, so I'm sure today will balance out.

We're still right there.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Anyone would have thought that Burnley won the game if we judge it by their celebration on the final whistle, but I take this as a compliment because we out classed them and made them look ordinary. We were industrious and played with purpose so if we carry on like this over the next 7 games I am sure we are capable of taking an automatic spot. If we don’t, I still fancy us in the playoffs.

What I like at the moment is that we are playing to win with free flowing football and without fear. Every game will be like a cup game now and it’s refreshing to go into the final straight knowing that a playoff place is pretty much in the bag.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Well done Brighton you were feckin awesome today boys all of you and didnt deserve to draw at all.
By far the better side in all ways .
ATID !!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It was a fantastic game of football that had everything in it and was a pleasure to watch.

With the performance, Albion showed that:
1. They're as good if not better than any side in the division.
2. There's absolutely no sign of falling away.

There'll be dropped points by all of the top 4 in the run-in, so I'm sure today will balance out.

We're still right there.

There's a fella in another thread saying we'll never get anywhere with boring Hughton as our manager, funny old game eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here