Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Some Fishing (real) Advice Please

D

Deleted member 2719

I have never understood fishing inland. There are tasty things to catch in the sea.

I don't get it either.

In fact, I don't get any fishing.

If people want to do a country pastime, knock over a few bunnies, rats or foxes.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Having cast my gaze over this thread, I have to admit I'm piscine my self laughing.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
I used to be a dab hand with advice on this topic but I'm floundering all over the plaice now ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I’ve recently restarted after a long break.......currently a member of Haywards Heath AS and the Ouse Wanderers, but have previously been extensively involved with Hassocks AS too (I used to match fish for both HH and Hassocks). Not sure one is better than the other to be honest.......depends what you’re looking for. I’ll probably join both next season.

One of the reasons I stopped fishing several years ago was the ‘commercial carp fishery’ thing, does my head in. I’ve avoided these completely since restarting and have had some good (ie enjoyable, even if I didn’t catch a lot) sessions recently on local lakes and river stretches. Might not catch 100lb plus of fish, but give me a couple of nice chub, or a nice mixed net of silver fish from a river any day over that. I had an 8lb carp from a very lightly fished stretch of the Ouse near Haywards Heath last week........gave me a lot more pleasure than catching 15 of them from a man made pond.

Happy to have a chat if it helps....PM me. I can get you guest permits for both HH and the Wanderers waters if you want to try them out. Following furlough, HH have closed their membership book as it’s full.

Thanks Dazzer, that 8lb carp is a really good catch from the Ouse. I have rejoined HADAS and I’m going to give the Adur at Winehams a go. Absolutely agree about endless carp from a hole in the ground.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks Dazzer, that 8lb carp is a really good catch from the Ouse. I have rejoined HADAS and I’m going to give the Adur at Winehams a go. Absolutely agree about endless carp from a hole in the ground.

I might join Hassocks as well.......really like the Adur at Wineham from late Autumn onwards (after the weedcutting has been done, usually early October). Allsorts in there !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here