Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Solskjaer

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
#teamslikebrighton
Come on then.
WBA, Fulham, Watford, Burnley, FA Cup minnow, Chelsea off, Leicester, Huddersfield, Palace, Cardiff, Southampton.
There's no reason why BHA cant go 10 games in a row.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I like him but I hate Man U. So I hope the wheels come off so they don't give him the job full time and appoint some arrogant prick instead.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is a sad thread. He's a good man, funny and relaxed. He's got quality players, yes, but these are the players with zero confidence at the time and with no idea whether they were coming and going. He's come in, made it simple and they're scoring goals, winning games and having a good time. It's what football is meant to be about. Winning all 7 games is special, whatever you say.

Or do you think the Albion's Perfect March 2011 of 8 wins out of 8 is irrelevant because we beat teams who were comically inferior to Gus' ****ing brilliant boys?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This is a sad thread. He's a good man, funny and relaxed. He's got quality players, yes, but these are the players with zero confidence at the time and with no idea whether they were coming and going. He's come in, made it simple and they're scoring goals, winning games and having a good time. It's what football is meant to be about. Winning all 7 games is special, whatever you say.

Or do you think the Albion's Perfect March 2011 of 8 wins out of 8 is irrelevant because we beat teams who were comically inferior to Gus' ****ing brilliant boys?

Must admit, lacking confidence is not something I would attribute to Pogba, Martial, Young. Valencia, Lingard etc etc. Shitehouses like Jones, Smalling, Matic and Mata I get.

Utd are one of those 'No player is bigger than the club'. Pogba, really? Player power roolz.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Smug git basking in the success of 6 straight wins. Apart from Spurs who battered them, they have not yet been tried. Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Brighton are 5 of these wins, not one against the other 5 top clubs. I am longing for one of them to wipe that smarmy look off of his face.
Their keeper save them from a roasting against Spurs.
The Media think he is the new messiah, let us see how his season turns out.

This. Can't stand ManUre. Think Solskjaer is a smug git. IMHO.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

It wasn't players lacking confidence. It was that they hated the miserable prick in charge who was obviously just biding time til he got his payoff.

Gary Neville's rant about the board extending Mourinho's contact when they did was bang on.

He played the club and pocketed a fortune.

So quell surprise when a new manager, club legend and seemingly decent bloke comes in and suddenly a squad that cost about £1bn in transfers and wages can actually play football.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
As far as I'm concerned, Man U can take points off every club around us. We're not going to threaten the european places this season, so nil points for teams like Bournemouth, Southampton, Wet Ham and pallllllace, can only help us

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Obviously, they're better post Mourinho and everyone could see that he was basically done there. But the change in the performances of the players is not just down to the grumpy old sod getting out of town. It's also the confidence given to them by the change in approach and different messages they're getting in the dressing room.

Dismiss it as easily as you want, but he's doing a good job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It wasn't players lacking confidence. It was that they hated the miserable prick in charge who was obviously just biding time til he got his payoff.

Gary Neville's rant about the board extending Mourinho's contact when they did was bang on.

He played the club and pocketed a fortune.

So quell surprise when a new manager, club legend and seemingly decent bloke comes in and suddenly a squad that cost about £1bn in transfers and wages can actually play football.

Agree with all you say, an £800m squad should be winning virtually every game. It’s the ManUre way.

But Neville changes like the wind. Post the last Amex match against ManU, I watched Sky in full and Neville was shaking with anger at the way the Board/owners/Woodward were about to sack Mourinho “one of the greatest managers ever”. It was breaking news, leaked to a football writer. He was very much pro Mourinho and anti Pogba, Martial, Woodward and Glazier’s.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Sir Alex's lapdog !

And that'd be a bad thing - listening to one of the most successful managers ever? ???

Solksjaer has got Pogba on side. He worked with him at the academy and watched him grow from a boy to a man. Pogba loves him and wants to play for him. He's the heart of the team, so everyone is following and loving every minute.

Mourinho is a poison bell-nosh. I don't care what he's won - he's a horrible, scheming dickwad who breeds resentment in all who surround him - unless they're just as bad as him. Birds of a feather and all that...

Good Luck to Solksjaer. A nice, honest lad with a great work ethic. Not entirely sure how he'd handle it if it all started to fall apart though... Would he be the resilient type to dig his heels in?

Anyway... we've got one of the best Managers in the PL as far as I'm concerned, so I'm happy to let the other clubs sail the seven seas of shizzle.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't mind him. Seems to keep it simple, just come in and told them to go out and play, what else would you do with over 1/2 billion in talent :shrug:

Getting sick and tired of these manager's who go on about 'projects' and 'foundations' and over thinking the whole thing.

Brian Clough, Matt Busby and the like never got involved in all this nonsense, they left tactics and coaching to their no.2s, they just knew who to pick, when, what to say and who needed what. I love the stories of Brian Clough allowing Tony Woodcock to miss training so the two of them could play squash! Matt Busby pre-match tactics - get it to George...

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The London based and biased media adore Unai Emery and Poch, never a bad word said.

They didnt adore Wenger who Emery is doing no better than but yes Poch wont win a trophy again this season despite having a 30 goal a season striker. The media hates Mourinho so they will big up Solskjaer and make him out to be a genius saviour. The timing was well done by united leading into a nice juicy fixture list that even Mourinho would have got a majority of results from with half the dressing room hating him. There is still something wrong with that team we battered them in the last 20 minutes in their own stadium, they will be found out soon enough by someone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They didnt adore Wenger who Emery is doing no better than but yes Poch wont win a trophy again this season despite having a 30 goal a season striker. The media hates Mourinho so they will big up Solskjaer and make him out to be a genius saviour. The timing was well done by united leading into a nice juicy fixture list that even Mourinho would have got a majority of results from with half the dressing room hating him. There is still something wrong with that team we battered them in the last 20 minutes in their own stadium, they will be found out soon enough by someone.

Clubs very often do that, appoint as a run of winnable games arise. Allowing the ManUTV (Sky) narrative of Solskjaer as a demigod.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Don't mind him. Seems to keep it simple, just come in and told them to go out and play, what else would you do with over 1/2 billion in talent :shrug:

Getting sick and tired of these manager's who go on about 'projects' and 'foundations' and over thinking the whole thing.

Brian Clough, Matt Busby and the like never got involved in all this nonsense, they left tactics and coaching to their no.2s, they just knew who to pick, when, what to say and who needed what. I love the stories of Brian Clough allowing Tony Woodcock to miss training so the two of them could play squash! Matt Busby pre-match tactics - get it to George...

Our recent signing says he was told about our "project" and Chris uses the word a lot. I cant say about Busby before my time but Clough was riddiculed by the media at times over his more modern approach see the interview with him and Don Revie after he took over Leeds.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our recent signing says he was told about our "project" and Chris uses the word a lot. I cant say about Busby before my time but Clough was riddiculed by the media at times over his more modern approach see the interview with him and Don Revie after he took over Leeds.

Nothing wrong with using the term. Coming out to the press after every game saying 'this is our project', 'we believe in our project' etc. never heard Chris say that even when he first turned up.

el punal

Smug git basking in the success of 6 straight wins. Apart from Spurs who battered them, they have not yet been tried. Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Brighton are 5 of these wins, not one against the other 5 top clubs. I am longing for one of them to wipe that smarmy look off of his face.
Their keeper save them from a roasting against Spurs.
The Media think he is the new messiah, let us see how his season turns out.

I bet if you were in his shoes you would be a smug git basking in the success of 6 out of 6 wins. To be honest he hasn’t given that impression so maybe a bit of an unfair comment from you.

On a side note - when I was up there last Saturday I got chatting to several United fans about him. Most reckon that he’ll go at the end of the season to be replaced by Pochettino. Watch this space as they say. :drink:

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
No issues with Solskjaer. He was a humble guy as a player and seems likewise as a manager.

We'll see in February how he gets on against the likes of Liverpool and PSG but I thought he got his tactics spot on in the first half v Spurs. Then De Gea played a blinder, as world class players sometimes do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here