Solomon March's Role Next Season

What sort of Role will March Play Next Season

• Total voters

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
At least we now have a manager (sorry, coach) who encourages the younger players by giving them good opportunities to prove themselves.

This is what excites me most about Oscar, his knowledge and ability to bring academy players into the 1st team. Combine that with the new facilities at his disposal at the end of this season and hopefully there will be plenty more coming through in the future.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At least we now have a manager (sorry, coach) who encourages the younger players by giving them good opportunities to prove themselves.

I can't help thinking that he would have been loaned out to some League 2 club for the season under Gus.

I think this has been forced on Oscar though. I think last season was our 'gamble' to go up spending a bit of cash, we're not looking at what we have to fill some 'holes'

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think this has been forced on Oscar though. I think last season was our 'gamble' to go up spending a bit of cash, we're not looking at what we have to fill some 'holes'

I'm sure he favours bringing in youth players anyway, being y'know, an ex-Barca Youth coach.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm sure he favours bringing in youth players anyway, being y'know, an ex-Barca Youth coach.

That is a very simple way of looking at things. I'd suggest there is a MASSIVE gulf in difference between Barcelona and Brighton, and probably will be for the rest of my lifetime.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
That is a very simple way of looking at things. I'd suggest there is a MASSIVE gulf in difference between Barcelona and Brighton, and probably will be for the rest of my lifetime.

There's also a massive gulf between the level a Barca youngster needs to be at to earn a chance and the level one of our young players needs to be to justify being considered for a spot on the bench

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Please, as it stands he's about 4th or 5th choice for his position, certainly behind Lualua, Orlandi, Barnes etc

Here at the Albion we tend to blood our top youngsters at other clubs on loan - I suspect this will be the case for Solly too.

He was one of the only bright things in the second half against Villarreal, dancing past some La Liga pro's, was involved in some of the best passing play last night and then scored a game changing goal. I agree that we previously sent our lads away but i feel that Gus had no faith in either his and / or the clubs ability to develop the younger players. That has changed this summer and you will see JFC, March, Ince etc... play games; maybe off the bench but they'll play.

I would also suggest a FFP question hangs over their futures; they are cheaper and its cost effective to blood a youngster than get expensive experience (hence Maksi's full 90minutes last night). It is a risk but one i think Oscar and Burke are willing to take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here