Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly's right foot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a supposedly decent Championship side we should not be relying on such an inexperienced novice to create things for us. In an ideal world he would be playing the last 15 or 20 mins of a game we were in reasonable control of. The fact that he is playing too much now is because of our refusal to sign genuine Championship quality players. We should be nurturing March not chucking him in and relying on him to create. I thought he looked way out of his depth yesterday and his confidence will get worse the more we play him week in week out.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He has a right foot? Are you sure?

Unless he gets to the bare minimum level of competence with his right peg (e.g. has a poke at goal anyway if he's in a shooting position and there isn't a better positioned player to whom he can pass), he will achieve nothing like his full potential. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting he has to be become two-footed - or anything remotely close to it; just be not so ridiculously one-footed it's laughably embarrassing.

As embarrassing as Maradona?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He was excellent yesterday..anyone who saw him & Caskey playing with the Oppo the same age as them in the Toulon tournament realised we have two great prospects on our hands. March has more pace than Caskey & that should make him first out of the door. Messi has done on for himself on one leg & a thread about the 10 years older £2m CMS (has anyone seen HIM score with his left?) would be more rekevant

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He was excellent yesterday..anyone who saw him & Caskey playing with the Oppo the same age as them in the Toulon tournament realised we have two great prospects on our hands. March has more pace than Caskey & that should make him first out of the door. Messi has done on for himself on one leg & a thread about the 10 years older £2m CMS (has anyone seen HIM score with his left?) would be more rekevant

Messi scores goals with his right foot and with his head and I'm sure he could score with his arse if he wanted to.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
[QUOTE=Kazenga
Because there is no competition on the left so they get in & stay there whereas right sides may be 'forced' on that side. I did & some thought I was a left footed left midfielder years later

Steve351

Aug 30, 2012
Durrington
Good post ICY GULL, way out of his depth in the Championship. We can not keep saying all the time his only young and inexperienced, how old do you have to be at this level, teenagers play in higher leagues all over Europe. We need quality players at any age that can do the job in the Championship. Holla. JFK. March were very poor yesterday.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Really not understanding the fuss over March he looks way out of his depth. I lost count of how many times he was the wrong side of players when defending and got rolled. Going forwards he is so one footed any defender with an ounce of common sense just marshals him onto his weaker foot. Needs to go out on loan and get some much needed experience as I feel he has been fast tracked to the first team far too quickly which will expose him and ruin his development

This.

Silver Fox

Jan 11, 2015
Solly's right foot

Two very good opportunities to get a shot off with his right were lost in the second half today when he tried to shift the ball to his left...I so want him to push on but he is very one footed.

I know for a fact Solly has a decent right foot. This is an issue of confidence which is currently blighting the whole team. The manager needs to address this ASAP .

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I know for a fact Solly has a decent right foot. This is an issue of confidence which is currently blighting the whole team. The manager needs to address this ASAP .

I hope you're right as re-storing confidence is usually easier and quicker than developing your right peg.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The exception that proves the rule, perhaps? Unless you really do believe that Solly is as good as Maradona?

No, obviously I don't believe that but there have been a number of very, very, good players who were extremely one-footed. Rivelino was so one footed I think he even smoked his two half-time cigarettes while holding them with his left foot. Maradona was able to go past a player on either side and then pass the ball right or left, all with his left foot. Watch his world cup goal against England for proof. If Solly can't do that effectively then he must develop his other foot.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
While people are sniping at March perhaps they can name all the players in the Albion side last Saturday that are clearly skillful enough to play the ball with both left and right foot .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here