Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Speedy recivery Solly. When I was 27 I had a torn meniscus fixed by keyhole surgery, and I was cross country skiing a week later. It may not be as long term as it may seem. That said, I've done the meniscus twice since, develped arthritis, and now need a full knee replacement, so don't be a tit like me.

Unfortunately beat you to it. One PCL, 4 keyholes, arthritis and a partial knee replacement by 56.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not really an expert on this. Can cartilage be repaired. If some is taken out, can it be in some way replaced, if not surely that would permanently weaken the knee?
Hoping the best for him, and he did recover very well from his last serious knee injury. At least it isn't a recurrence of the old injury which is good news.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn't realize they did keyhole surgery 50 yrs ago Harry ... lol

It was a while ago, actually (35 years). But I was living in Vancouver at the time where the health service is amazing. When I did it again in England 12 years ago I was told 'we don't do that here; physiotherapy first'. I got it done eventually, but was butchered by a local clown (Ashford), and needed a third go (in London this time on my insistence). Yes, I know, too much information. You know what I'm like :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unfortunately beat you to it. One PCL, 4 keyholes, arthritis and a partial knee replacement by 56.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was told I couldn't have a partial replacement on the NSC because they will only pay for a full one now (this was 2 years ago). I can't run or kneel without suffering the next day, but daily 200 mg inuprofen, plus (yes, I know, it's bullshit) evening primrose oil and glu/chond means I was able to ski last year without any knee issues. I can toledate the ibu (now I've sorted out my gut issues - gluten and lactose intolerance undiagnosed) so bollocks to surgery (for the time being). Back on topic, get well soon Solly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was told I couldn't have a partial replacement on the NSC because they will only pay for a full one now (this was 2 years ago). I can't run or kneel without suffering the next day, but daily 200 mg inuprofen, plus (yes, I know, it's bullshit) evening primrose oil and glu/chond means I was able to ski last year without any knee issues. I can toledate the ibu (now I've sorted out my gut issues - gluten and lactose intolerance undiagnosed) so bollocks to surgery (for the time being). Back on topic, get well soon Solly.
Didn't know North Stand Chat was offering surgery now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here