Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Now, I expect to be flamed----- but hey ho. I played 22 years Sunday League rising to the dizzy heights of Div 3. I was kicked off the park every week. I missed no more than 6 matches in all that time.11 years as a no9---11 years as a no5.I also managed the team :ohmy: and washed the fecking kit every week:eek:

Footballers like cars...the higher powered you are the more likely you are to break down....Superstar/Supercar injured/broken down regularly..3rd/4th division plodder goes on for ever:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Footballers like cars...the higher powered you are the more likely you are to break down....Superstar/Supercar injured/broken down regularly..3rd/4th division plodder goes on for ever:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was a plodder but still scored 111 goals.
Was mentioned on radio as a veteran:lol:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Sadly seems to be a perennial sick note.

This. And aside from one goal of real quality In pre-season and one of note v Fulham away what has he done? Nada. Zip. Zero. Rien.

Hope he comes through but so bored of players that can play anywhere across the front three without cementing an actual position or performance of note.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
elegible for the London/Brighton old crocks race then

A game,way way back-------one of my players got a dislocated knee while playing at Braypool. It was a Sunday and also the old crocks race. The young fella was in agony and I managed to phone an ambulance from the nearest phone - the dogs home! Took 25 minutes to get to us! The opposition wanted me to drag our player off the pitch so they could continue to stuff us. I took our players off and told them to get stuffed--possibly my best moment in 22 years of playing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A game,way way back-------one of my players got a dislocated knee while playing at Braypool. It was a Sunday and also the old crocks race. The young fella was in agony and I managed to phone an ambulance from the nearest phone - the dogs home! Took 25 minutes to get to us! The opposition wanted me to drag our player off the pitch so they could continue to stuff us. I took our players off and told them to get stuffed--possibly my best moment in 22 years of playing.

and they all lived happily ever after ................hic

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I don't think Cruciate Ligaments had been invented in the 50's when I started watching. Footballers nowadays have so much more to damage.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think Cruciate Ligaments had been invented in the 50's when I started watching. Footballers nowadays have so much more to damage.

Think you'll find metatarsal's hadn't been invented either, it was a bad foot.

It's the rubbish, flimsy boots they wear.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here