Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March Today

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was so wrong about March; I thought his level was League 1! He was outstanding today, and it's not been a one-off either.

Can't see him being sold. We turned down £5m for a defender that isn't even an automatic first choice pick in August; we're not going to let such a potent attacking player go for anything less than a gazillion pounds in Jan.

Murphy was bloody good today as well.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Both March and Murphy had Birmingham tied up in knots today with some fantastic play.

Agreed that March in particular was absolutely outstanding!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Solly was absolutely superb today. A blinding display of football from the wing. Just don't tell Southampton. We don't want their interest in him re-ignited.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We won't be selling anyone. If (BIG IF) we go up then coming bottom is worth almost 100 million isn't it? Why take a fraction and risk promotion?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Best game ever. However despite scoring with right today still concerned how one footed he is. One occasion today where he got to goal line and somehow still tried to cross with left foot. I don't think we are in danger of a premier side coming in for him with this weakness

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was only a few weeks/months back where he looked a weak link & out of his depth, was scared to take people on & was noticeably lightweight. Compare that to what we had the pleasure to witness today and it just shows what a bit of confidence and good advice/coaching can do... Absolutely bloody superb. And a Sussex lad from just down the road from me :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Van La Parra must have been wondering where his playing time will be coming from with March and Murphy in this form ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was only a few weeks/months back where he looked a weak link & out of his depth, was scared to take people on & was noticeably lightweight. Compare that to what we had the pleasure to witness today and it just shows what a bit of confidence and good advice/coaching can do... Absolutely bloody superb. And a Sussex lad from just down the road from me :thumbsup:

Spot on.

The difference between the March we saw early season and now is absolutely startling. He looks like a COMPLETELY different player. Where there was hesitancy, fear and indecision, there is now drive, confidence and conviction. He is showing pace and trickery, his decision-making has improved immeasurably, and he now has true END PRODUCT.

It looks to me like Hughton has taken this kid to one side, told him what he could be if he puts his mind to it, instilled some self-belief, and backed that up by putting his faith in him. The result - we've now got an absolute GEM of a player there. I admit I felt he was a really weak link over the first month or two of the season, but this turnaround has shut me right up. March was phenomenal today (again), and he's still getting better. It was an out-of-your-seat performance.

Both March and Hughton deserve massive credit for this improvement.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spot on.

The difference between the March we saw early season and now is absolutely startling. He looks like a COMPLETELY different player. Where there was hesitancy, fear and indecision, there is now drive, confidence and conviction. He is showing pace and trickery, his decision-making has improved immeasurably, and he now has true END PRODUCT.

It looks to me like Hughton has taken this kid to one side, told him what he could be if he puts his mind to it, instilled some self-belief, and backed that up by putting his faith in him. The result - we've now got an absolute GEM of a player there. I admit I felt he was a really weak link over the first month or two of the season, but this turnaround has shut me right up. March was phenomenal today (again), and he's still getting better. It was an out-of-your-seat performance.

Both March and Hughton deserve massive credit for this improvement.

You were right to feel like that - I did too. On a side note Solly has a Hailsham Town season or two of coaching behind him so it doesn't suprise me it's now paying dividends...

From what I hear he is already a good professional and it's showing..

And yes Hughton & his staff deserve a lot of credit I think..

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Best youth product I've ever seen us bring through. Looks absolute class from his flicks to his dribbling skills. It won't be long before the top end Prem clubs start putting in bids.

Future England winger in the making.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Best game ever. However despite scoring with right today still concerned how one footed he is. One occasion today where he got to goal line and somehow still tried to cross with left foot. I don't think we are in danger of a premier side coming in for him with this weakness

You mean like Beckham? 100 England caps!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What a great understanding he had with Bruno too. Reminds me of the former right side partnerships of Bruno-Buckley & Bruno-Lopez. We've not been that good on the right for ages. Solly will be first choice right winger for quite some time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here