Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March to Southampton for £7.5m?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's reckoned that England could be awarded the 1966 World Cup Finals.

Sorry if 'fixtures'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"Albion have no plans to cash in on their former Lewes find and March, under contract until 2018, is content to continue his education with the Seagulls."
Argus: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...in_Albion_s_March_is_no_surprise_to_Stephens/

Which is the end of matters.

Coupled with
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/14116546.Albion_have_funds_to_strengthen_despite___10_4million_loss/

Chief executive Paul Barber said the club would love to reward Bloom with promotion and told fans they had no reason to fear sales in January.

Barber told The Argus: “We have got no pressure to sell and we have room within our budget to buy."

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
They do look VERY confident...

50bates.452024.full.jpg

Ha! Can't believe I missed the chance to repost that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have this to say on Solly March.

4 games ago most fans would have said ''All he has is potential and nothing else thus far'' Then all of a sudden there is £7.5 million being branded about all over the place after 3 very good games and 2 goals.

It is getting a bit ridiculous that the press are dictating everything in and around football with all these stories as soon as they see a player have 3 good games or score a couple of goals.

Solly is a really nice quiet unassuming lad and most clubs would have sent him out on loan this season but because he was such a quiet lad they always felt that they could bring him on themselves a lot better than any other club could.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see players at Brighton have values like this put on their head but CH wants a crack at managing in the Premiership again, so I cant see someone like Solly being sold unless the manager thinks that they could buy better with whatever fee they would get.

I also know that players have a big say in these things when another club comes in for them; however, given he is such a quiet lad I don't think he will be one of these guys who presses for a move away from the club. What they may need to do however is take him aside and say to him ''Look we are aiming to be in the Premiership as well soon and hopefully with you here that can be achieved. Then they offer him an extended improved contract to back that up.

He has a manager who has seen it and done it all before with players in positions like this. When Nathan Redmond was leaving Birmingham he had meetings arranged to chat to the managers and see the facilities at Norwich on the Tuesday, Everton on the Wednesday and Swansea on the Thursday.

By the Tuesday evening he had signed for Norwich and didn't even go to Everton or Swansea and see the facilities - So if CH sees him as being pivotal for the push for promotion he won't be going anywhere. If he feels that any sale he could invest better elsewhere then who knows what will happen but given that he didn't send him out on loan then I think he will still be here after January.

I also think TB will back the manager in whatever decision he goes for because of the excellent improvement he has made in such a short time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The only justification for selling March in the next window is if every penny of the fee were reinvested in the team and Chris Hughton was 100% in support of the deal.

Otherwise, if you sell one of your most dangerous players - mid-season - when you are sitting pretty in an automatic promotion place, don't reinvest and miss out on promotion then every other decent manager we approach in the future will doubt Tony Bloom's ambition and therefore decline any job offer.

That said, I don't think for one moment Bloom would entertain the idea of a sale until at least this season is done and dusted. Hopefully we'll get promoted with Solly and it will become a moot point.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have this to say on Solly March.

4 games ago most fans would have said ''All he has is potential and nothing else thus far'' Then all of a sudden there is £7.5 million being branded about all over the place after 3 very good games and 2 goals.

It is getting a bit ridiculous that the press are dictating everything in and around football with all these stories as soon as they see a player have 3 good games or score a couple of goals.

Solly is a really nice quiet unassuming lad and most clubs would have sent him out on loan this season but because he was such a quiet lad they always felt that they could bring him on themselves a lot better than any other club could.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see players at Brighton have values like this put on their head but CH wants a crack at managing in the Premiership again, so I cant see someone like Solly being sold unless the manager thinks that they could buy better with whatever fee they would get.

I also know that players have a big say in these things when another club comes in for them; however, given he is such a quiet lad I don't think he will be one of these guys who presses for a move away from the club. What they may need to do however is take him aside and say to him ''Look we are aiming to be in the Premiership as well soon and hopefully with you here that can be achieved. Then they offer him an extended improved contract to back that up.

He has a manager who has seen it and done it all before with players in positions like this. When Nathan Redmond was leaving Birmingham he had meetings arranged to chat to the managers and see the facilities at Norwich on the Tuesday, Everton on the Wednesday and Swansea on the Thursday.

By the Tuesday evening he had signed for Norwich and didn't even go to Everton or Swansea and see the facilities - So if CH sees him as being pivotal for the push for promotion he won't be going anywhere. If he feels that any sale he could invest better elsewhere then who knows what will happen but given that he didn't send him out on loan then I think he will still be here after January.

I also think TB will back the manager in whatever decision he goes for because of the excellent improvement he has made in such a short time.

Before he found his right foot, which happened about 3 weeks ago, he was probably worth £500k.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Looks like Southampton are confident they will get Solly in January.

I've not kept up with this story, what have Southampton said? Where did they say it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Guess we no longer need 'worry' about this one for a while...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here