Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maupay can’t score goals for Toffees.
His move hasn't exactly turned out to be the bed of Roses he thought it would be.

I'm assuming he thought he'd be involved in way more Celebrations.

(Disclaimer: I haven't read the rest of the thread so I'm assuming these puns have already been done. In fact, if they haven't, I'll be disappointed!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His move hasn't exactly turned out to be the bed of Roses he thought it would be.

I'm assuming he thought he'd be involved in way more Celebrations.

(Disclaimer: I haven't read the rest of the thread so I'm assuming these puns have already been done. In fact, if they haven't, I'll be disappointed!)
He’s not one of the Heroes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He’d definitely singled him our before he’d even taken charge……recall him saying something in his initial press conference (as Souness indicated, he probably picked it up from a few minutes on google, definitely not a forensic analysis of all our games :laugh: )
What a tool Souness has shown himself to be. Completely got it wrong and refuses to admit it. Come to think of it, has anyone seen Souness and Husty at the same time?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
RDZ has unlocked what most of us hoped and often thought was in there but he couldn't, or struggled to get out.

Reassurance gives confidence, confidence give SOlly the ability to make Liverpool look like The Red Lion Sunday 2nd XI 😂
I think you're right many of us for years have said he's got it but perhaps doesn't believe it himself. RDZ has obviously found the right approach. Maybe even a gentle, with a hug, "pull your socks up son".

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Solly played a more defensive cover role under GP so never really had the chance to get shots away consistently. However he was still a vital player and very strong not easily knocked off the ball.
De Zerbi has now given licence for him to stay further forward and attack more on his own as he quickly realised his potential. It's taken a few games to change his mindset but now we are seeing the results.
I would think that a few teams above us would like to have him in their squad

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A football career is a Marathon, not a Sprint.
Solly sticking two fingers up at the doubters.
Some have always doubted him, some of us have always believed, others are betwixd and between. It's certainly been no picnic for him, but he's played the lions share of our games.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Is it a turnaround or is he finally getting the rub-of-the-green he so deserved? Genuine question

What a tool Souness has shown himself to be. Completely got it wrong and refuses to admit it. Come to think of it, has anyone seen Souness and Husty at the same time?
Nice to see Wright complement RZD on an outstanding job & refering to the unfair stick he took when first appointed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So it’s not just RDZ, it’s burgers as well that have contributed
FFS, that's my local and walked the dog right past the burger van last night after the game. If I'd have known I'd have hidden in the bushes until our man arrived*

*not really. I'm not Swedish :moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice to see Wright complement RZD on an outstanding job & refering to the unfair stick he took when first appointed.
And to be fair Simon Jordan repeatedly called Souness out on this and also repeatedly challenged Souness’ own managerial record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here