Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fantastic, lovely to see the bit about Caicedo too.

I wonder if the demented Solly haters will refuse to press play? :lolol: :lolol:
"The demented Solly haters" :LOL:

They will be trying to convince everyone that there has been a dramatic change in him this season.

As long as the narrative is they were right about him all along, it won't phase them, unfortunately.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Full credit to the Club there for getting that little video done and put out for everyone to watch. I think the club's use of social media over the last few weeks has been absolutely spot on, it really helps improve the connection between the players and the fans without them really having to do anything. It's good to hear from them not in pre-match or post-match interviews and I hope they put out more content like that and the Mac Allister returning to the training ground video.

I think Solly spoke really well in that little clip, he acknowledged the lack of goals over a long period of time and expressed his intent to score more - which the team needs and he's already backing that up. In truth, he has been dangerous in a lot of games this season playing in a more attacking and (as he also mentioned) settled position. RDZ won't be asking him to move all over the pitch which can only help his output. The criticism from me has always been that he has no output, no goals and no assists but he has played well at times without offering that tangible output the team has needed. He's added a cutting edge to his game in particular over the last few games and long may it continue because the team is playing really well, scoring goals and being entertaining. Too often in the PL era we've been slow, boring and methodical. Those days appear to be behind us now and we definitely have a manager who puts his faith in his attacking players to win games rather than restricting them to ensure better defensive strength throughout the side.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yes. Only injury can rob him of top 3 but there are a fair few other contenders including Mitoma, Trossard, Caicedo and Mac Allister. Groß and Lallana have not been bad either.
And seeing such a long list of candidates for POTS is a testament to how well we're playing as a team.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He has really matured this season.
Well at home in the Premier league now.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
From Boro's forum today:

1673113670451.png

They seem to think he's some kind of top class EPL winger playing in his favoured position and in the form of his life.

Weird eh?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to have OG Solly back today.

All is right in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here