Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Played well as ever today and topped it off with a wonderful goal for those that think that they are there be all and end all.

Great pressure for the second goal too.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Ah yes, the usual - you're only as good as your last performance and pretend that because he had an excellent game today and penaltied one in from 25 yards, he's suddenly proven everyone wrong. He hasn't. He has to score more than one per season and keep putting in dangerous deliveries. In his defence, his lack of assists is only partly his fault. He gets one today after an amateurish moment from an amateurish goalkeeper but he's put in multiple crosses which deserved an assist previously but weren't finished.

Good for him - hopefully he can turn it around ala Almiron. Doubt it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ah yes, the usual - you're only as good as your last performance and pretend that because he had an excellent game today and penaltied one in from 25 yards, he's suddenly proven everyone wrong. He hasn't. He has to score more than one per season and keep putting in dangerous deliveries. In his defence, his lack of assists is only partly his fault. He gets one today after an amateurish moment from an amateurish goalkeeper but he's put in multiple crosses which deserved an assist previously but weren't finished.

Doesn't need to "turn it around". Anyone who isn't clueless has noticed that he's been one of the best, if not the best, player this season.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

He was heavily involved in all three of our goals today. :shrug:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
They patently know little about football.

He’s a dream for the full back behind him, fantastic for the midfield//forwards in link up play, driving us forward and a 90 minute nuisance for opponents.
That Saints fullback (who nearly made the England squad) will be seeing Solly in his nightmares for a while. The second he gets his skin outside back-in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
why on earth would you want to be this rude? I don't get it.
The internet attracts the spiteful, who always have to hate an Albion hero or two.

Two or three years back after reading a load of anti Solly trolling on nsc I got the false impression of a player loathed by half the fanbase.

Then at the next Amex game Solly warmed up as a sub, where the WSL (north end) and NS stood en masse to applaud him and sing his chant.

Giving perspective. Empty vessels make most noise.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
…plus set up another great chance that should have been buried (Mitoma header)
To be fair to Mitoma, while it was a great chance, that's one of those that 9 times out of 10 has everybody with their head in their hands saying it should have been buried 9 times out of 10.
Probably a slight exaggeration, but people miss them one way or another more often than not.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

He doesn't have to prove 'everyone' wrong. I suspect he proves some people wrong all the time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with this. March would be missed if out through injury more than some would like to admit
This has happened.

We were in a good run of form and won at Anfield with Solly MOTM, but he limped off and we didn’t win for the next 2 months. Missing his tenacity and drive.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Please don't merge this thread with the one that says Solly is s**t!!! He brings so much to the team, I will him on to score a goal like I'd do for my own kid. :lolol:
I'm quoting myself here. I'm so pleased for him!!! I said on another thread that he's our secret 20 goal a season striker!!:clap::ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here