Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is it cos he’s black ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Very strange indeed but that is Sol, he is a strange man.

For honours don't players usually have to go above and beyond their playing role. Charity work, working for the Day that sort of thing? Genuine question, I take very little notice of the honours system.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very strange indeed but that is Sol, he is a strange man.

For honours don't players usually have to go above and beyond their playing role. Charity work, working for the Day that sort of thing? Genuine question, I take very little notice of the honours system.
Yes and no. The ashes winning cricket team & rugby World Cup winning team all got honours (including back room staff) - and some of the lionesses (5 I think) - but that was all ‘in year’ not because of something from 19 years ago

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes and no. The ashes winning cricket team & rugby World Cup winning team all got honours (including back room staff) - and some of the lionesses (5 I think) - but that was all ‘in year’ not because of something from 19 years ago
Ah yes, of course, actually winning a top international tournament, not something Sol ever did. I should have added that to my list.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not sure how this passed me by. :smile:
4FE5358F-E385-4A5E-9C77-C1B2DBAC4024.jpeg

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As my dear old Nan used to say, I think he’s troubled.

One wonders how he’s not forged a long and successful career in management? 🙈

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bit sad really. you get nominated for gongs, best way is to do a load of work to get others to nominate you. not pleading for one on social media.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Gotta love Sol. If there is a medal he hasn't won, an award he hasn't received or a job he never got, it's never because of him.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Call it what it is , he is calling racism , i`m not buying that shit . He was a great player amongst a field of great BLACK players at THAT time , i don`t hear them bitching cos they didn`t get a sweety .

29/12/22 the greatest player that ever stood on grass , never had a bad word for anyone or anything , not just a symbol of Black football or South American football but of WORLD football , the example he showed has been witnessed by BILLIONS . And he never asked for ANY personal titles . ( But was so special as to be given an honorary Knighthood in 1997 ) .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sol may be a narcissistic twat with a laughable ego but his crappy tweets do at least serve to highlight what a joke the honours list is. The number of people with titles who have just paid the (usually conservative) government of the day for them is a national embarrassment.

I'd get rid of them (along with the whole inbred parasitic family of course) and replace them with something more worthwhile and genuinely transparent.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's certainly not going to be awarded anything for services to sentence construction, given that facking word (and number) salad :eek:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My question is and has nothing to do with Sol .

Why the hell would anyone want or need one.

Most people who get one are crooks thieves and arse lickers.

Not sure I would want to be tarred with such a brush

Every time I hear Sir I think Phillip Green.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here