Soccer Bus to Anfield....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Sorry, yet another Liverpool thread.........I'm sure I saw this some where, but do Liverpool run dedicated soccer buses from the city centre to anfield?

We're staying in city centre hotel, so looking for public transport to game.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not sure they are run by the club, but the answer is yes. Mersey Travel run soccer buses from sandhills station I think.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
By Train
Kirkdale station is the closest to the ground (just under a mile away). However, it may be more advisable to go to Sandhills Station as this has the benefit of a bus service to the ground, which runs for a couple of hours before and a couple of hours after a game and drops you within easy walking distance of the ground. Gary Beaumont adds; 'The best route for away fans from the city centre if they want to use public transport is definitely the Merseyrail Northern Line to Sandhills where they alight and catch the special Soccerbuses; trains can be caught from Liverpool Central and Moorfields. If fans are buying their train tickets in Liverpool, ask for a return to Anfield as opposed to Sandhills even though that's where you're getting off. The advantage of doing this is that the train ticket is valid also for the Soccerbus and the additional fare is only £1 return as opposed to £1 each way that you'd have to pay on the bus if you only bought your ticket to Sandhills. If fans want to get a taxi from Lime Street, they're about £7'. Both Sandhills & Kirkdale stations and can be reached by first getting a train from Liverpool Lime Street to Liverpool Central and then changing there for Kirkdale.

(From footballgroundguide.com)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
A friend of mine who is a liverpool fan said it only costs about £4 for a taxi front he city centre to near the ground which if there is 4 of you is probably cheaper than a bus.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes they do. We used it a couple of years ago. They run from Lime Street station to Anfield

Is that the soocer bus - or just a bus ?

Only reason I say is the "soccer bus" is some promotion they have in conjunction with Mersey Rail (I think).

Lime Street to Central is easy, you can walk it under 10 mins. I often do it with a couple of suitcases.

I've never got a train between the two.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
ok - on very good advice - by far the easiest way from Lime Street.

Is to get a train to Sandhills and get the soccerbus. Remember to ask for that when you get your ticket from central as the bus travel is included.

By FAR the easiest to get to central is to walk from Lime Street. You can get a train, but you may end waiting longer than it takes to walk.

I always walk it, its minutes away.

You can get a bus directly from the ground, but not from outside Lime Street. If you don't know the area the soccer bus is definately the way to go public transport wise.

Last edited:

HoveSeagull

Oct 14, 2011
Hove, surprisingly
Sorry, yet another Liverpool thread.........I'm sure I saw this some where, but do Liverpool run dedicated soccer buses from the city centre to anfield?

We're staying in city centre hotel, so looking for public transport to game.

Catch the 17 bus from Queen Square bus station. Stops right outside Anfield. Takes about 15 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports