Soccer AM

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
That Max Rushden is more likeable than Lovejoy ever was.

My teenage son and all his mates love it, and they are clearly the target audience. So to call it crap because you're too old to appreciate it is wrong in my opinion. I find it puerile as I too am getting old and cynical. But that doesn't mean it's crap.

And despite myself, I find myself grinning when Frankie Fryer is on.

I get the gags, I understand the humour I just think its repetitive and has been for years. Max Rushden presents, Lovejoy used to produce and present so was Soccer am back in the day. I'll give you that Frankie Fryer is one good reason not to turn over!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I can't decide whether the fact I think it's shit now is because a) Tim Lovejoy isn't on it or b) because I am now a 27 year old grown up as opposed to a teenager. Probably a bit of both to be honest. One of those things where you liked something the way it was for you growing up.

think you and I are in the same conundrum although im early thirties

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Definately past its (no apostrophe!) sell-by date. Never did like Tim Lovejoy, though, but used to enjoy the programme in spite of his irritating presence.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Banal rubbish, a 2 hour show with 20 minutes of material. Should be renamed Soccer Last Week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports