Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So will we finish above Palace

Will we finish above Palace

• Total voters

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Yes. They got lucky today but at some point their luck will run out and they’ll lose 4 or 5 on the bounce.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Palace concede the first goal and their Plan A is in tatters and I'm not sure they're set up for a Plan B as shown by their heavy defeat at Chelsea.

We will be well above them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Obviously I’m biased but how on earth did Batshuayi have a goal disallowed if it wasn’t a shot on target?

Are you actually being serious?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
On today's evidence there is hardly any chance they will finish above us.

They look like relegation candidates to me. The fact that they haven't gone down in previous seasons doesn't influence my thinking at all. Plenty of consistent mid tablers have been found out and dropped like a stone ... Stoke, WBA, Muff

I expect to see Hodgson gone by xmas. Who they get in will determine their fate

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hate to say it but they will finish above us for one reason they are hard to beat through negative football. Dull but effective.

This. There’s enough teams in this league that just want to attack, that suits them perfectly which is why they always pick up enough points.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Lol. Because it was flagged offside, stuff that happens when the game isn’t live doesn’t count, what next, start including shots on target from the half time warm up?

I’ll await the replay on MOTD before arguing when the flag went up, it’s not like your defence stopped playing before he smashed the ball into the goal?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
And last week despite my thread saying something didn’t affect the result as we were well beaten you decided to ignore that and say I was always making excuses! Well I’ll tell you now, my opinion is the officials have cost us points (probably 5) against Man U and the scum. Oh let me guess, it was a pen today :lol:

Have a click on your profile and read all your posts today - so so so critical, negative and moany - not sure what you expect mate?! We are never going to be a top 8 prem side...

So the fact we have won 4 games all year is ok? The officials didn’t cost us the points against Utd, we did by not defending a corner at the end of the game. Today wasn’t a penalty, I agree with you there but for all our pretty football their keeper didn’t have to make one save before our goal. GP’s current record is dire and he needs to improve it.

Never thought we would be a top 8 team to be fair.

You won’t agree with any of the above and that’s fine.

Enjoy :cheers:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Obviously I’m biased but how on earth did Batshuayi have a goal disallowed if it wasn’t a shot on target?

Are you being serious?

He was offside. The ball was dead.

It was no more a shot on target than a player warming up before the game smashing one in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ll await the replay on MOTD before arguing when the flag went up, it’s not like your defence stopped playing before he smashed the ball into the goal?

Are you new to football or something?! Play stopped at the point he was offside so no shot after counts as anything! Can’t believe we’re having to explain this to you. That said, I’m very pleased today has ended with a palace fan on NSC trying to argue they had 1 shot from open play in the whole match (at home v BHA) :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::bigwave:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No we won't.

We're the better footballing side, they are better at grinding out results unfortunately.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

:ffsparr::laugh:

How long have you been watching football?
I wasn’t sure you were serious, but, you are , aren’t you?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the fact we have won 4 games all year is ok? The officials didn’t cost us the points against Utd, we did by not defending a corner at the end of the game. Today wasn’t a penalty, I agree with you there but for all our pretty football their keeper didn’t have to make one save before our goal. GP’s current record is dire and he needs to improve it.

Never thought we would be a top 8 team to be fair.

You won’t agree with any of the above and that’s fine.

Enjoy :cheers:

I agree with some... but we also have drawn a lot of those games and that stat is manipulated as it’s taken from the start of a bad run. It’s like me saying we’ve won our last 10 mins of football today and are averaging 9 goals a game! How about 1 defeat in 9 prem league away games - that’s in the same 23 games you’re talking about!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Are you being serious?

He was offside. The ball was dead.

It was no more a shot on target than a player warming up before the game smashing one in.

As I mentioned earlier, I’ll wait and watch MOTD, before arguing the toss on here.

I watched the game with two of your ex-pat fans down here, and we’re all pissed as ****. :lolol:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Good point - maybe it should count as half a shot on target. I think that makes it:

BHA 20 - 1.5 Palace (1 * penalty)

They all count..

02383A8C-734F-4193-B1B3-EC3BE275E140.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I mentioned earlier, I’ll wait and watch MOTD, before arguing the toss on here.

I watched the game with two of your ex-pat fans down here, and we’re all pissed as ****. :lolol:

Why will MOTD make any difference! He was offside so anything that happens after is irrelevant and not a stat. Good luck arguing that one with a bookmaker - ‘it says 8 corners, I needed 10 but there were 2 given after offsides so you need to pay out’ :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here