Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So will it be Sullivan or Kippers..............

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would settle this arguement by a boxing match. If the result of the match leaves both Sullivan and Kuipers too injured to play, I would put Virgo in goal.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Can't we stick both of them together in some strange scientific experiment?

Then we can have the cat like reflex dives and the good kicking ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
this Saturday, i would keep Sully as he seems taller and kicks straighter.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, but Michel is definitely taller than me! I think I generally kick straighter, though.

More seriously, I'd like to see Kuipers back in goal. John Sullivan's time will come and he's got some good experience in the last week, but now needs some time back out of the limelight, in my opinion.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd go for Sullivan, not because I don't rate Kuipers, but just to piss off the Kuipers worshippers on here.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Not sure Sully is taller.

His kicking technique is far better than FDM's but he often kicks it too long and therefore either out of play or easy pickings for defenders or keeper. That's a waste of the one skill in which he is definitely superior to FDM. He's got to control it.

On balance I would pick FDM because, at the moment, he is a better all-round keeper. I am encourged by Sullivan, however because, although three matches are not enough to prove anything one way or the other, he looks as if he could be good.

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
Which of course are the main criteria when choosing your keeper.

I'd go with Kuipers. More experienced, better shot stopper, more commanding of his area.

Commanding his area, are you sure about that, if the ball comes anywhere near him he panic's, i've noticed that Alot this season!Alot!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd go with Kuipers. More experienced, better shot stopper, more commanding of his area.

I wouldnt agree with that but would agree with FDM coming back due to experience and shot stopping which are better than Sullivan the rest like command of his area, talking to defenders and kicking he is way behind Sullivan on.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Michel will be back in goal.

thanks for confirming that micky

id keep sullivan in. michel hasnt been in a winning team since august 22nd after all....

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Sullivans kicking isnt that much better then Kuipers', in the last 2 games he has put most of his kicks from the floor out for a throw, and most of the kicks from his hands have gone to the other goalie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here