NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because Sami is not to blame when it comes to:-

Chairman incompetence
Chief Exec incompetence.
Director of Football incompetence.
Individual player incompetence.

Sami's remit of incompetence is quite small when you look at the whole club.
He even appears to be able to sort out some of his mistakes, eg reigning in the full backs.
Although he still can't pick a midfield worthy enough to save his job.
Sadly for Sami, not the club, he'll be gone soon and when he does reappear I doubt it'll be at a club with such a rigid structure.

Sami's not been sacked because Tony is fair and decent bloke who knows he shouldn't have go all in on seven high.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I can't remember who it was against, but it was another 1-1 draw at home, when the opposition got a free kick just outside the area in injury time. Jones celebrated them missing it, like we had just scored a last minute winner. That summed us up for me, this season. If you got a bunch of losers calling the shots off the field, you will see a bunch of losers on the field.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Suppose we will have to wait until we hit rock bottom because sadly we will under the hapless Finn and then it will probably depend on how far we fallen behind the team in 23rd place before TB acts

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Because Sami will leave the signings and transfers to Burke and Barber and this was probably agreed in the summer. Most managers will want control but Bloom does not want this he wants his money back and a business that brings him in more money.

Well TB has no chance of recouping his investment if we are in L1.

Money. Everything about the club recently has been money based, whether it be inflating the cost of the match day experience, or selling our best players and replacing them with cheaper alternatives. I think what is going through Tonys mind is, 'Do I pay up his contract?' Or, 'Do I gamble and save that money for January signings?'

Mind you, if it is the latter, then what more of a clear indicator do you need to work out the recruitment system is a shambles.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Until the Fulham game, we had only lost 6 league games, we we're playing more adventurous, attacking (and dare i say it entertaining) football.

Too many draws are to blame for our league position and maybe Bloom thinks that Sami can start to convert a higher percentage of draws into wins (especially with someone like Bent around for several games) and because it isn't our lack of attacking ambition that is to blame for our current predicament?

He also hasn't had much of a transfer window to bring in players to suit the style (hence so many loans)

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I think it's pretty certain (unless I've misread El Pres's analysis) that relegation will cost the club a lot more money than sacking Hyypia.

Therefore surely it can't be the money option in this poll - because that only adds up if Bloom doesn't think we'll get relegated with Hyypia in charge... which brings it back to option 1 anyway.

I'm certain Bloom believes Hyypia can turn it round - even if he is in a (very small) minority.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Until the Fulham game, we had only lost 6 league games, we we're playing more adventurous, attacking (and dare i say it entertaining) football.

Too many draws are to blame for our league position and maybe Bloom thinks that Sami can start to convert a higher percentage of draws into wins (especially with someone like Bent around for several games) and because it isn't our lack of attacking ambition that is to blame for our current predicament?

He also hasn't had much of a transfer window to bring in players to suit the style (hence so many loans)

A bit too rational for my liking. It's the beginning of December with only 3 games left for god's sake. We're on the verge of surefire self-implosion and it's the worst i've ever seen. Natch like.
I reckon TB has his own deadline for the Hyypster to turn things around, and i don't imagine it'll be far off. Still, i'd rather he's not the sort to endlessly shriek of the Finn's hopelessness or cluelessness as so many seem to love to do with their intellectual criticism. As a unit, from top to bottom, we've not been good enough, but we're a long way from the end of the road and i hope the level of abusiveness, even if it's just on the internet, doesn't become even nastier.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Because bloom has a nice little winter holiday coming up. And he doesnt want to ruin it by sacking and replacing the manager.
probably hopes by the time he gets back hel have turned it around.

wish he would go February after the window closes, thats another problem though.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Sack him at the beginning of January, spend the month "searching" for the replacement, make a token signing for peanuts on transfer deadline day, use the search as an excuse for not getting the right players in.
Call me cynical if you like, but you wait and see

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Because Friday is the make or break game, anything less than 3 points and :guns:

The problem with this though, ist that by chance he should get a win in 14 games . So leaves him safe for another few months.
Redicules

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Because he is a yes man who won't kick up a fuss. Bit like Barry Lloyd was.

Makes you wonder what the board are frightened of people finding out if they appoint someone with their own opinion...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The club is being run according to the wrong philosophy and with terrible standards of decision-making. Losing a third manager since last year would turn a floodlight on to what is going wrong. Keeping Sami for as long as possible will defect attention from the underlying problem. People will convince themselves that the football is the only issue; that Sami is the reason for the problem rather than a symbol of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here