Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So why didn't we sign Rougier?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As far as I am aware we did try to sign Rougier when Reading released him and he turned us down as it wasn't enough money.

Then as summer drew on and he had no club to go to, he signed a 3 month deal for Brentford.

Hardly DK's fault. I don't suppose Brentford offered him any more money, it was just that he didn't think he was going to get a job somewhere.

As I remember, Coppell was keen to sign him, but we basically offered him pennies. Thus, he signed for Brentford! On his performance tonight, he could have been a useful signing.

Last edited:

Oct 13, 2003
The back of beyond
Yorkie said:
As far as I am aware we did try to sign Rougier when Reading released him and he turned us down as it wasn't enough money.

Then as summer drew on and he had no club to go to, he signed a 3 month deal for Brentford.

Hardly DK's fault. I don't suppose Brentford offered him any more money, it was just that he didn't think he was going to get a job somewhere.

Spot on Yorkie.

Oct 13, 2003
The back of beyond
Zeitgeist said:
As I remember, Coppell was keen to sign him, but we basically offered him pennies. Thus, he signed for Brentford! On his performance tonight, he could have been a useful signing.

I think we should have taken the gamble on Hunt. He was the driving force behind Brentford last night.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Yorkie said:

didnt he say something about keeping a household or something (not enough money), but he would have liked to have come back to brighton

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He will be available at the end of next week unless Brentford have offered him a further contract.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dick Tight...use the compensation money now to buy Rougier and Hunt!

JUST DO IT

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Coppell actually said it... It was in the paper or on the website, he was quoted as saying something along the lines of "I offered Tony the best deal i could"

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
By saying i offered the best deal i could it tends to imply that...

If he'd said i offered the best deal i felt was right or something along those lines then no, it wouldn't have implied that.

P.S. Someone in the pub (Griffin) last night said Nicky Bridle had been released due to not being able to fund his wages, is this true?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here