Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's the best guitarist who frequents NSC?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
It's that really all you can MUSTER NSC?!? I used to own one of those guitars, you know like one of those double guitars - that's how much I rate myself. Seriously, Don Felder has nothing on my when it comes to the 70s God of yore look, as as for what I can play, well it's more a case of what can't I play! Right I'm off to play Burn by Deep Purple, all of it. Yep that's where I'm coming from l a d i e s, balls to the floor riffing and neo-classical soloing a go go. Put that in yer 'twee' three chord pipes and smoke it you MOTHER'S!

Kosh

Some of us are guitar heroes Kosh - my house contains 3 acoustic guitars and 3 electric guitars, 3 amps and the following FX pedals: Metal Master, Tube Screamer, Analog Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Phaser, Chorus, Stereo Chorus, Compressor, Super Distortion. I plug all of those in, I turn the amp up, I hit the strings and I play the heaviest chord in history that slowly turns into feedback and, thanks to the compressor, that chord never ends (unless I turn the amp off, which I do after about 20 minutes of bliss-out).

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
What excellent taste, you can come and busk in Mill Square Storrington this weekend if you like, you would go down a storm with the Waitrose Crowd. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just noted where you live, it might not such a money spinner after all. :lolol:

Well hang on a sec: my gran embarrassed me in that square when I was about 8, but I should conquer my fears. My mum has a friend in Sullington Lane - maybe this could work - I'll start practising for my Summer tour of Storrington, Sullington and West Chiltington. This could be massive....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well hang on a sec: my gran embarrassed me in that square when I was about 8, but I should conquer my fears. My mum has a friend in Sullington Lane - maybe this could work - I'll start practising for my Summer tour of Storrington, Sullington and West Chiltington. This could be massive....

If you are playing the West Chiltington Arena (AKA the Car Park opposite the Post Office) you will have to learn some Gong stuff for a certain NSC local resident....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have an accoustic metal string guitar that hurts my fingers and a Squire Stratocaster( Chinese cheapie). I prefer the electric guitar and play about with the Guitart Tab app which has some great songs on it. I also have an iRIG for use as am amp and love it!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Many years ago me Mum and Dad gave me a copy of the Bert Weedon 'Play in a Day' book.

I think it's working..................

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like to play.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Blah blah blah. Bloody guitarists. Drums is where it's at you know.
I'll see your sweeping arpeggio and raise you a double paradiddle and a flam.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If you are playing the West Chiltington Arena (AKA the Car Park opposite the Post Office) you will have to learn some Gong stuff for a certain NSC local resident....

Will do. Good news - Thakeham have been on the phone. They're "very interested"......

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You bloody well know what!?! we should form a NSC HEAVY ROCK band. Yeah; the more I think about it, the more it makes sense, ROCKKKKKK! Naturally I would prefer:

Twin lead guitar - Strat and Gibson.
A Hammond playing legend.
A Rickenbacker rocking bearded bassist of yore.
A twin bass drum kicking drummer direct from hell.
A lead singer who could DESTROY Coverdale at his peak.

All participants MUST have long hair, and MUST be prepared to ROCK! Beer drinkers only.

Can NSC deliver?!? Come on, let's ROCK!

Kosh - I'm very excited right now.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
You bloody well know what!?! we should form a NSC HEAVY ROCK band. Yeah; the more I think about it, the more it makes sense, ROCKKKKKK! Naturally I would prefer:

All participants MUST have long hair, and MUST be prepared to ROCK! Beer drinkers only.

Could I wear a wig ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blah blah blah. Bloody guitarists. Drums is where it's at you know.
I'll see your sweeping arpeggio and raise you a double paradiddle and a flam.

What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
A drummer!

(My son's a drummer before you start!)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
A drummer!

(My son's a drummer before you start!)

What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine ?

You only have to punch the information into a drum machine the once !

(Hope your son likes that one)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Nah, not me - my band days are long gone! Never got any further than local radio anyway.

Just do a few solo acoustic gigs now. Can still the long hair and beer though! Good luck!

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
No contest with Del around

Del's not even the best guitarist in the Test Tubes!!
By the way, this is one of mine
IMG_0004.JPG

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Del's not even the best guitarist in the Test Tubes!!
By the way, this is one of mine
View attachment 63821

That's an awesome guitar! Seriously (for once) it's great to read some that NSC (still) has some rocking contributors - I rather think it's time to unleash 'Katherine' on the world...

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here