CMS no
Barnes no
Dobbie yes
Hoskins no
Dicker no

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Agreed apart from Dobbie & Hammond they are shite the pair of them !!
The rest I concur with you including Harley too !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Good enough for what exactly?

El-Abd has been one of our best players for the past 3 years and has been excellent this season until today. You can't write him off after one bad game.

Mate he hasn't had one bad game he's had a fair few he just is not good enough at this level in any way, he was ripped a new arsehole by Vydra today so was Greer !!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Could safe you typing Bruntburger. Only one name and that's ' GUS '.

We've the players but have a shit manger.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Is it the players or the formation/tactics ? With the addition of a physical striker I think we have a squad that can challenge for top 6.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Hoskins was class when he came on, made it look likely we might have a second. You can't judge a player after about 3/4 games.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe the team selected and the way they set up?

I think he has a great touch and a bit of class. He should be in the hole behind a goal scorer. Swansea fans rate him and I can see why.

Wonder if that would be different if Gus stopped playing him out of position ?

It amazes me how one player can be written off as rubbish and to be discarded and another gets the deserved benefit of the doubt, because people realise he hasn't been given a fair chance to shine. (ie, a long run of games in the side and allowed to find his form) Compare to Craig Davies, Davies would have been written off a long time ago and both haven't had much opportunity to shine, and what happened to Davies, he was hounded out and we never saw the best of him in our team.

This is why i can't understand the short term views of some who seem to write some players off before they have had much of a chance to shine (Harley being a great example) I will support a player all the time that they are at this club, players form rises and dips, they may have or be coming back from injury (yet it isn't always considered by those who write off our players) and so on. I can't see what benefit there is to the club in attacking our own players as not good enough, if anything, it will only make things worse.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Could safe you typing Bruntburger. Only one name and that's ' GUS '.

We've the players but have a shit manger.

but he isn't is he? he is a very good manager. he attracts quality players that have never heard of brighton and he has got us playing a solid, attractive and effective style of football. sometimes we don't win - oh boo hoo. remember march 2011? Gus might have the quality to build us into a team that goes up in style and can stick around in the prem - that is what i believe and i hope we give him the chance to do it. just have a bit of patience.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Players capable of playing in a team which can get promoted to the Premier League in my opinion;

Bruno, Greer, Dobbie (used properly), Orlandi, Vicente(!), LuaLua (on occasion), Bridcutt, Bridge, Buckley.

We are not that far off in my opinion but right now, today, we are a midtable team. Not bad, and not brilliant. Work to be done but I am happy with 10th at this stage. We are well placed to push on after january, and hopefully we'll have some new additions as well as a few going out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here