Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's going to stop us now???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Derby will win tomorrow and are in red hot form. I will be much more comfortable when they start dropping points. They do have Fulham, Norwich and Leeds away in the next month so hopefully that will halt their momentum.
I agree. They are the most likely team to break the top two.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Go onto Villa Talk and see what their fans think. The realistic ones think that the play-offs are a possibility and automatic promotion is gone. A few think we're over the hill and faraway - nice feeling that!

Not seen Villa Talk before, quite a few seem optimistic that they can catch us - but there are some more rooted in reality.

The remarkable discussion is in transfer targets, the feeling seeming to be that they need to spend big on a striker. This is the club that has Gestede, McCormick, Agbonlahor, Kodjia, Ayew and Adomah - how many more do they need?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I hope that we play leap frog with Newcastle for the rest of the season, using them as our yard stick.
Could end up a formality with the only mystery being who will come first or second.
Points gap between 2nd and 3rd creeping up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You'd think after last season, our players will have the right attitude in terms of not getting ahead of themselves. And you'd have to say, if we do make it, we've ****ing DESERVED it.

I'm getting quietly confident. The key will be not losing the games v Derby, Leeds, Reading etc in the 2nd half of the season.

Two things seem to be different from last season

1. Strength in depth to cover injuries and suspensions

2. The attitude of the players after after those two defeats on the trot to Newcastle and Brentford. Newcastle was understandable given we went down to 10 men but I think they got slaughtered after the Brentford match and there has been no complacency since then. Add to that the uncertainty of the transfer window was out of the way then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not seen Villa Talk before, quite a few seem optimistic that they can catch us - but there are some more rooted in reality.

The remarkable discussion is in transfer targets, the feeling seeming to be that they need to spend big on a striker. This is the club that has Gestede, McCormick, Agbonlahor, Kodjia, Ayew and Adomah - how many more do they need?

8 more? #TheDerbyWay

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't care what others say, we are going up. This is our season. 2017 is our year.

We're on the brink of achieving a massive dream. 20 years ago, this would've felt impossible.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think it's just down to us to keep winning as many as possible and keep picking up the points. We are the only team that can stop us going up. I can't see Reading, Leeds, Massive, Derby etc. Getting more than 80points this year. So we have it in our locker to go up by some margin, I just hope we keep our players fit, any injuries to strikers and we will start drawing matches we should win. Uncle Tony needs to get us over the line with a January signing of a forward player.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just woke up and remembered we are Top of The League :albion2:

Villa are out of it for top 2.

Derby are the biggest threat now. Let's not lose to them when they visit the AMEX.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Our biggest threat is the next team we play and then the next one after that etc.
Don't want to drop points to anyone, keep the pressure on, feet up when job done.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Derby, and what originally looked like a disappointing two points dropped up there as they went on a poor run afterwards is now starting to look like an excellent point gained.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
The points we need between now and the end of the season to go up, is around 45. We will need the same in the whole of next season to stay there.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Derby stalled dramatically under Schteve not so long ago; falling from the top of the table to finish outside the playoffs. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm optimistic but we're not even halfway through the season yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here