Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who we signing next?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
It seems a little strange ,Poyet explaining bringing in new strikers will be difficult, when he has just given one away for £2000k a week (alleged ).

How much?!?!

Bolton have let a few go

Elmander among four senior players let go by Bolton

Bolton have confirmed the release of Johan Elmander, Jlloyd Samuel, Joey O'Brien and Tamir Cohen following the expiration of their contracts.

Boss Owen Coyle said they were being let go for "footballing reasons".

Swedish striker Elmander, who joined in a £10m deal in 2008, is expected to join Turkish club Galatasaray.

Bolton also said Daniel Sturridge will go back to Chelsea after a loan spell, as will Rodrigo - to Benfica - while Ali Al-Habsi will return from Wigan.

"Daniel and Rodrigo have both come into the club on loan deals and done wonderfully well," said Coyle.

"We like young and exciting players at the football club and the two have shown they have the potential to continue to develop and grow."

Omani goalkeeper Al-Habsi won Wigan's player of the year award after helping them avoid relegation from the Premier League.

Elmander, 29, signed for Bolton on a three-year deal from French club Toulouse and scored 18 goals in 82 starts.

Though Coyle stopped short of confirming his departure on Saturday, the Bolton manager revealed he had already started making plans for a potential replacement.

Defender Samuel did not play for the Trotters this season before joining Championship club Cardiff in March on an emergency loan deal until the end of the season.

Israeli midfielder Cohen signed for Bolton in late 2007 having previously played for Maccabi Netanya in his homeland.

Sheffield Wednesday signed midfielder O'Brien on loan for the rest of the season in March.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It seems a little strange ,Poyet explaining bringing in new strikers will be difficult, when he has just given one away for £2000k a week (alleged ).

Palace offered him £2m a week more than us?!

BHA1983

May 25, 2011
Anyone remember how effective the Dagenham winger Danny Green was against us last year, both in the game away from home and at the Withdean? I remember him giving Painter a run for his money in March. Just a suggestion ...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CMS, Boyd, Johnson - all yes please...

And Danny Green did look v good too...

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
Newcastle have released Sol Campbell and Shefki Kuqi

As a Palace fan, I assure you that you DO NOT want the fat, overrated wanker known as Shefki Kuqi. You lot, alot like us, need to look into the lower leagues to sign players and see if they can do the biz in the Championship. Signing players like him will do you no good. So actually, maybe you lot should try to sign him:D

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
As a Palace fan, I assure you that you DO NOT want the fat, overrated wanker known as Shefki Kuqi. You lot, alot like us, need to look into the lower leagues to sign players and see if they can do the biz in the Championship. Signing players like him will do you no good. So actually, maybe you lot should try to sign him:D

- Agree Kuqi is rubbish, couldn't believe Newcastle signed him, I reckon he'll drop to league 1.
- Barton: will be able to demand massive wages on a free, just needs to be the right kind of team to deal with him, Newcastle spring to mind as being about the best place for him but seeing as he's already there then somewhere like West Ham/Birmingham if they go up again
- Campbell: expensive waste of space

So it looks like we've got a half a chance/interest with Johnson and Boyd, but otherwise all gone quiet

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Johnson was being looked at by Stoke, Wigan, and Bolton:
Baggies target Johnson | West Brom News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports So I'd say he's out of our league.

Mackail Smith will go to a Premiership side, Norwich or QPR is my bet, or one of Celtic or Rangers.

George Boyd would be a good shout, but possibly demand a big transfer fee (If they want £3m for CMS and got £1m + for Maclean).

I'd be looking at the young lad at MK Dons, Daniel Powell, looks a great prospect.

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Yannick Bolasie of Plymouth looks a good prospect
Keanu Marsh-Brown on loan from Fulham would be good too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here