Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who was there for the CULTURE?

How would you sum up your cultural experience of Amsterdam?

• I increased my IQ by at least 20

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • About 50/50

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I need a new liver and brain

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Plenty on here about the bars, coffee shops and red light but two of my fellow mods seemed to have a fairly cultural time. Anyone else?

Me? Coffee shop, Irish bar, Dam Square and lots of time in Der Wallen but I did manage a Nepalese restaurant in Leidersplien and an afternoon in the Comedy Cafe so, while not the full Anne Frank / Van Gough, I’m calling it 50:50. Ish.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're only asking because you know it's time :wink:

On our fourth (may have been fifth ?) end of season football team tour to Amsterdam, myself and two mates, on the Saturday afternoon in the Rijksmuseum, agreed that maybe further tours may be better left to the 'youngsters'.

And that was probably 30 years ago

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Not as many as Lenny Rider has
Oh, I say!

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
The AF museum was emotional. The grass was, er, green. The food was delightful. The match was winningest. The company was excellent. All the train f*** ups were in Europe. The passport control bollocks was the brexity bonus. f*** off farrage. f*** off ERG.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Plenty on here about the bars, coffee shops and red light but two of my fellow mods seemed to have a fairly cultural time. Anyone else?

Me? Coffee shop, Irish bar, Dam Square and lots of time in Der Wallen but I did manage a Nepalese restaurant in Leidersplien and an afternoon in the Comedy Cafe so, while not the full Anne Frank / Van Gough, I’m calling it 50:50. Ish.
I am sitting in a rather lovely Nepalese restaurant right now, with junior Pogue who is struggling because the vindaloo is unbelievably hot.

We come back tomorrow. We’ve had culture. Our sort of culture.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The song is about a Rembrandt Painting, KC paying their tribute in his Hometown.

Problem is you got there 50 years too late... :rock:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I am sitting in a rather lovely Nepalese restaurant right now, with junior Pogue who is struggling because the vindaloo is unbelievably hot.

We come back tomorrow. We’ve had culture. Our sort of culture.
These are a good answer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I did it all.. apart from drugs!

Nights out during the week still pretty rubbish in the dam. Ended up in Jimmy woos nightclub with some Dutch rappers last night, definitely felt old.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
50/50

Van Gogh Thursday morning, a Cat Museum today (lol but it was actually jokes) and had a fair walk around to try and find some less touristy spots.

Been very heavy as well and calling it a night now after initially thinking we'd have two big nights. Thursday was a 5am job.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Not gonna say much other than staying at a mates on sat night and I only packed one pair of jeans. Ripped because I was absolutely wasted and couldn't walk last night so fell over lots. Ashamed of myself but was a great night so if you see a man with ripped jeans on Sunday hello from ElectricNaz

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Hard techno at Club Roots last night. The place is new since I last went out in Amsterdam. Can’t remember owt about it but it must have been good because I didn’t take any photos.

Rush Hour had a really good Fela Kuti exhibition on Wednesday. Album artworks and that. One of the guys who works there did it. They’ve added a toilet downstairs now, so you can basically stay all day. Which I almost did every day. And then afterwards this morning I stumbled across Zap Records on my way to Waxwell. Wasn’t really in the mood for digging but they were both brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here