Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who sang "Stevie Coppell's blue and white army"

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
in the business section of the argus, you are there with a note about your promotion to Gruppenfuhrer at your place of work!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
As Gruppenfuhrer do you get a parking space for your girls car?

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Couldn't quite bring myself to sing 'Stevie Coppell's etc, etc.....' but wanted to show my support so compromised with 'V.D. Coppell's Blue and White Army'....

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I dont have a parking space and one bloke with £10,500 is taking my car away tomorrow.
I suppose the busniess section is 1 up from the obituries.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
I started that chant on Sat, and now i look and feel like a real prick. STEVE COPPEL VD ****.

The Large One said:
We all sang it. Mainly because he was the Brighton manager. Saturday we won't sing it, because he won't be Brighton manager. Simple equation really, innit?

That's just it though - not everyone did sing his name, hence the reason for the thread.

I for one did sing his name because, as you correctly pointed out, he was the Brighton manager. Not everyone did though, and that's the point Mullers is trying to make.

I wouldn't say I feel stupid now for singing his name, although I am extremely disappointed by Coppell's decision. All this crap about soul searching doesn't wash I'm afraid. It's not like the Reading was the only job he was ever going to be offered and in my opinion he should have at least seen the job through with us for this season. Even if we didn't get Falmer if we went up then the offers would come flying in, he couldn't lose.

Unfortunately, contrary to Naylor and all the others, Coppell didn't look at the bigger picture at all. He just looked ar the short-term gain for himself. And THAT is what makes him a Palace scum (again).

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know people will ALWAYS have differing opinions but people also have quite short memories...it wasn't so long that I remember someone adding a post with the pros and cons of going to Reading/staying at the Albion - the verdict did seem to be that if you were a football manager then given the fact that Falmer still isn't decided and you could go to a club with a bit of cash/decent ground and not in too bad a part of the country, then he could be forgiven for going.

Granted, he should have stayed for a while longer - end of the season would have been nice. But if he had honoured his contract till the end of the season, got us promoted and THEN left us then we'd be in a worse scenario with a new manager taking charge of us going to Div 1 again.

At least he has gone early enough for someone to settle in over the season and hopefully take us back to Div 1....and let's not forget, we are top of the League! I'd be much more pissed off if we were mid-table and he'd buggered off now.

larus

I sang it.

If he came back as manager in a months time (I know it ain't gonna happen), I would sing it again.

I would cheer for Paul Kitson if he signed and played again (I know, it ain't gonna happen).

While they're here, doing a job for Brighton, they will get my backing.

When they go, they don't. Simple.

Last point,

MA - Respect - left to become a premiership manager (eventually).
PT - Respect - honest views - left for no job.
SC - Let down - left because we lack ambition?

Bullshit. 2 championships, 1 relegation, and now top.
Signed ex-premiership keeper, up-and-coming striker, sold BZ after 3 years for £1.5m, who had lost interest in us.

We're doing very well, and when Falmre gets the go ahead, we will only get bigger and stronger.

SC - your loss.

Football Genius aka FG said:
so many hypocrites the genius told you he was Pal@rse but wood u listen anyway its time to forget about him he isnt importnat what is is the appointmnet of the nest manager when is it gonna happen i thought silent said he has sumone lined up well where the **** IS that perosn dick???????????

If you were any kind of genius you'd realise that he is Manure, not palarse . He's left with us at the top of the division and a couple of decent players in place - but we all hope that's the last of readung using us as a feeder-club because they know we were better than them, and they wanted to cherry-pick our superior club. He'll drop everything if he can get to another bigger club - until he gets to Manchester.

Looking at this now, I don't know if his leaving is such a bad thing - he wasn't looking at bringing in inexpensive new players any more to fill positions that need strengthening. The next bloke might just want to take us forward with some new ideas, and things could work in our favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here