So who holds for the next two games?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I guess Hammond is the obvious choice if fit but given the way he's settled now would Spanish Dave not be worth a shout? He could also add an extra dimension with the odd killer ball which Liam, for all his qualities, rather lacks.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Calderon has played in the holding midfielder position in the development squad, and Spanish Dave is looking one of our best attacking players at the moment so I'd rather see him further up the pitch.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Hammo isn't 100% , there is always Dicker or Calde to step in. Spanish Dave is an option if Buckley is playing as a winger.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is Crofty fit or just out of favour? I know he's not really shone since coming back, but could be worth a go.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lopez needs to be further up the pitch. Set up both goals on Tuesday.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is Crofty fit or just out of favour? I know he's not really shone since coming back, but could be worth a go.

injured but on the way back

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Dicker for me.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Calde was awful in this role against Swindon. Dicker would be my preference, can tackle and is probably the most incisive passer bar Vicente. He will need to be quicker on the ball though.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Calderon's defensive ability isn't good enough for the role. Great attacking midfielder though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is the first time I have genuinely felt that a draw would be est in the brighton vs town game. I don't want to see hudds go down and they need to start getting points. If we get 3 from burley, I would be happy with a draw , however, we need the points too

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I also thought Spanish Dave, but the guy is on fire at the moment, probably needs to play further forward, but sure he could do a job.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Dicker for me, his nice accurate passing will be like having a Quarterback in front of the back four.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Dicker, is too slow on the ball for me, if he was quicker on the ball he would start more games. often gets caught out when teams are closing us down, however i reckon Burnley will come to defend so he may be ok.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have a feeling Hammond wont make it and an equally sneaky feeling that Calde will play a part - whether it as defensive mid or replacing Bruno to take on that role (he played there from time to time before coming to us I think?)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Any chance Jake FC will be involved, I wonder?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Initially I thought of Spanish Dave, but he's our most effective winger, so Dicker if Hammond is injured.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
I wouldn't be suprised if El Abd fits in there with Greer and Upson as CBs. Obviously not his best position but would certainly put some steel into that position and good with his short uncomplicated passing as long as our midfielders are near to him. Would rather see him CB though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports