Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who are we waving goodbye to on Sunday?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nowt wrong with a bit of mutual respect. V Man City a season or two back, Bruno got applauded off the pitch by both sets of players and fans, as did Vincent Kompany

Agreed. Won’t see many players with that kind of loyalty to a club. If it was Dunk and we were away I’d hope the home team would show similar respect (and if they didn’t this board would be full of people moaning about the other club failing to show that respect)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lamptey’s looked at a house twice in a week in Worthing, he’s going nowhere [emoji106]
Coming from a worthing lad myself I couldn't imagine being a multi millionaire footballer with the world at my feet........stuck in Worthing [emoji1]

(Sorry Worthing people)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Win on Saturday and it will be the first time we’ve finish top ten and the first time in a few years above Palace. Tony Bloom is not going to now sell half of our best team ever because he needs the money. We may lose one or two of that list that we would rather keep, probably Bissouma, we’ll also let two or three go because we already have better prospects being lined up or it’s just their time to go, maybe Maupay. Rest assured that the club know what they are doing, and they will be trying to start next season with a better 25 man squad than we’ve currently got. One or two of the players on Sunday, who know they are leaving, will linger on the pitch at the end and will say their goodbyes. UTA.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Coming from a worthing lad myself I couldn't imagine being a multi millionaire footballer with the world at my feet........stuck in Worthing [emoji1]

(Sorry Worthing people)

Charmendean old boy ��

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Win on Saturday and it will be the ⁰first time we’ve finish top ten and the first time in a few years above Palace. Tony Bloom is not going to now sell half of our best team ever because he needs the money. We may lose one or two of that list that we would rather keep, probably Bissouma, we’ll also let two or three go because we already have better prospects being lined up or it’s just their time to go, maybe Maupay. Rest assured that the club know what they are doing, and they will be trying to start next season with a better 25 man squad than we’ve currently got. One or two of the players on Sunday, who know they are leaving, will linger on the pitch at the end and will say their goodbyes. UTA.

Maybe not. But what the individual players want top-trumps what TB wants. He can try and tie them into an unrealistic EPL wage cap, but in the end money will talk and players will walk

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Win on Saturday and it will be the first time we’ve finish top ten and the first time in a few years above Palace. Tony Bloom is not going to now sell half of our best team ever because he needs the money. We may lose one or two of that list that we would rather keep, probably Bissouma, we’ll also let two or three go because we already have better prospects being lined up or it’s just their time to go, maybe Maupay. Rest assured that the club know what they are doing, and they will be trying to start next season with a better 25 man squad than we’ve currently got. One or two of the players on Sunday, who know they are leaving, will linger on the pitch at the end and will say their goodbyes. UTA.

I'm hoping that we win on Sunday 🤞

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There aren't any "rumours" suggesting all of these players will be leaving.
There is good reporting that we're offering Trossard, Welbeck new contracts, that its likely that we would sell Bissouma as a marquee sale (he's shown no desire to sign a new contract), and that as you'd expect other clubs are "having a look" at our young squad with some reports a bit more advanced than that (Sanchez, Cucurella, Lamptey, MacAllister) but no reporting that there have been any bids for them - the window doesn't open to June 10th anyway - let alone we would entertain them. Why would we. Club don't have to sell. There's reporting that Duffy's role in the squad is dependent on centre backs - we have some options and he'll want to play football . There's also good reporting that after 5 years Gross is leaving for Germany/links with Werder Bremen.

Well, there 'are' rumours, and no, of course I expect most to stay. Only meant to be a bit of a fun thread :p

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Has trossard ever been linked with anyone ? Also has he ever indicated he wants out?

Think the answer to both the above is no.

Now we know he has a contract until 2024. Can't see him going anywhere

Trossard said "I still have a contract with Brighton until the summer of 2023. Will the big six come knocking for me at Brighton? We will see. If I really feel ready for that step up, I’ll get into it, but I realise every day I’m not bad at Brighton.”

But certainly no rumours that any of the big clubs are looking at him yet.

I recently read about the options to extend his and Veltmans contract by a year to 2024, although I read it as a player's option, not the club's option. Do we know that it is in fact a club option?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Trossard said "I still have a contract with Brighton until the summer of 2023. Will the big six come knocking for me at Brighton? We will see. If I really feel ready for that step up, I’ll get into it, but I realise every day I’m not bad at Brighton.”

I read that as.........I'm good enought for top 6, if they don't come my agent will contact them this summer and BHA must sell before I become worthless in 2023.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well, there 'are' rumours, and no, of course I expect most to stay. Only meant to be a bit of a fun thread :p

Sure and i know you're being tongue in cheek. And i read them too . But there are only rumours that clubs are interested, "looking" at some of our players. Of course they are. We have a good squad .
The "leaving" or "sold" part though. No rumours there. Not yet anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here