Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So when will TB start the interview process for prospective candidates??

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Reckon, the Development Squad is his for the taking or no. 2 under Hughton.

I'm sure the latter has his own favoured Assistant Manager (just like Pulis), and Jones must be sacrificed to allow the new manager to bring in who he wants.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh well it may suit Giraffe with a long neck but personally I think it will be wholly uninspiring football

Firstly, Pulis had Palar$e playing some good football. He CAN adapt his style, contrary to some poster's opinions on here. Secondly, I'll take hoofball and survival over tippy-tappy relegation anytime, thank you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you are suggesting Pullis or Hughton become head of recruitment?

I'm suggesting/hoping one of them will be our manager, and whoever is appointed will work with the Head of Scouting to find the players he wants. The Albion's DoF experiment failed. Back to the best approach (with tweaks for modernity no doubt).

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
He's waiting for someone to start the "Whoever it is, OUT!" poll thread first.
Why must we wait for an announcement before calling for someone's head on a pike?
It's important to be proactive about such things.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
me too. i'm sure he would be effective. he would probably keep us up and maybe even get us promoted next season. this may make me unusual, but i would rather play good football in the championship than a shit style in the premier league!!

Surely the end goal has to be Premier League football? I'd rather have Pulis and play the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal every day of the week!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll take hoofball and survival over tippy-tappy relegation anytime, thank you.

You make it sound like these are the only two options available.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Firstly, Pulis had Palar$e playing some good football. He CAN adapt his style, contrary to some poster's opinions on here. Secondly, I'll take hoofball and survival over tippy-tappy relegation anytime, thank you.

Agree with this. Pulis is being unfairly maligned in my opinion. He took Stoke, who are a similar size club to ourselves, into a consolidated position in the Premier League over several seasons. They played the football they could afford to play based on strength, height and physicality. No-one liked playing them, the team were a real team and the crown played their part too. All in all he galvanised the whole club into a coherent whole and it worked. He was beginning to change the playing style bringing in players like Adam bit had always included smaller more skilfull players in the side e.g. Etherington to supply the big boys. As stated above he had Palace playing some decent stuff last season too. Pulis is a pragmatist. He will play football dependent on the clubs resources but it will always aim to be effective, results orientated football. His salary will not be small and he will want to bring in a raft of new players which will cost.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree with this. Pulis is being unfairly maligned in my opinion. He took Stoke, who are a similar size club to ourselves, into a consolidated position in the Premier League over several seasons. They played the football they could afford to play based on strength, height and physicality. No-one liked playing them, the team were a real team and the crown played their part too. All in all he galvanised the whole club into a coherent whole and it worked. He was beginning to change the playing style bringing in players like Adam bit had always included smaller more skilfull players in the side e.g. Etherington to supply the big boys. As stated above he had Palace playing some decent stuff last season too. Pulis is a pragmatist. He will play football dependent on the clubs resources but it will always aim to be effective, results orientated football. His salary will not be small and he will want to bring in a raft of new players which will cost.

This simply isn't true. He spent a fortune at Stoke and still played dinosaur football; this was part of the reason the owners decided to change the manager.

"Peter Coates, the chairman, has been the most generous of benefactors.....Stoke's [Pulis'] net spend over the past five seasons is not far off £80m. To put that figure into context, only Manchester City and Chelsea have spent more."

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A Sun reporter said on Twitter last night that Robinson has turned us down and although it was widely suggested we had asked The Dongs for permission to speak to him before Tony flew back this approach seems to have been equally widely ignored in favour of talk of Pullis/Hughton/Rosler. Surely Robinson was always first choice (mistakenly in my view) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here