Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, when does Uncle Tony get some ££ back on his massive investment?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tbh if I had a spare 300 million the last place I would stick it in would be a football club. So much more you could do with the money rather than topping up the pig swill for all those already with their snouts firmly in the muck.

Precisely. You would only chuck it at a football club if you weren’t looking to get it back and had a deep love for that club...........unless you were a mercenary Middle Eastern/Russian/Asian corporation or billionaire looking for some kind of European profile

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought profit Paul wrote in the program the other day that the clubs worth is nowhere near the level of TBs investment.

The land stock has to be high surely? It is now prime land since it got planning permission. The stadium has to be worth 100 mill, the training complex maybe 30 mill, and then the asset of Brighton and Hove Albion, plus the new developments in Lancing. He's not a silly boy, he's building a property empire around the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The land stock has to be high surely? It is now prime land since it got planning permission. The stadium has to be worth 100 mill, the training complex maybe 30 mill, and then the asset of Brighton and Hove Albion, plus the new developments in Lancing. He's not a silly boy, he's building a property empire around the club.

The land the Amex is on belongs to the council, but on a long lease to the club.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tbh if I had a spare 300 million the last place I would stick it in would be a football club. So much more you could do with the money rather than topping up the pig swill for all those already with their snouts firmly in the muck.

But if it is a spare 300 mill and he can afford it and it's his passion, why not? If he really is a billionaire will he miss 300 mill whilst making his name legendary on the south coast? I doubt it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The land the Amex is on belongs to the council, but on a long lease to the club.

But whether it belongs to the council or TB it is still a huge money asset. And the Amex is going nowhere so the asset on that land is still worth a fortune too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But whether it belongs to the council or TB it is still a huge money asset. And the Amex is going nowhere so the asset on that land is still worth a fortune too.

I disagree.

The asset is only used 20-25 days a year, and he only for a few hours.

Anyone who believes TB is looking for an exit route is fundamentally wrong. He has neither the motive or desire to do so.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When TB took over as chairman, somebody who is fairly close to him told me 'It's good to have the club back in the family'.

I think that TB had already reached his 'end game' there and then.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Didn't he get a 97 mill lump forwarded before the season start.
One of those for every year we are in the Prem would help, if we stay long term.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I disagree.

The asset is only used 20-25 days a year, and he only for a few hours.

Anyone who believes TB is looking for an exit route is fundamentally wrong. He has neither the motive or desire to do so.

Not for one minute do I believe he is looking for an exit route. Just playing a bit of devils advocate here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here