Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SO? What will Friday bring?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
What will Friday bring ? we'll soon have a good idea when the team list is released. Will it be the dour defensive m/d or will Poyet go for it at home, I know what I would prefer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sadly, Gus and attacking football don't seem to go through the same door.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nerves from the crowd. Really does feel quite a pivotal game for our direction this season. Looking forward to it as always but there is an edge to this one in the need for a big performance.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It will probably be more of the same, back line fine, a defensive midfield five consisting of Gus's golden boy, maybe one winger in that five if we're lucky, definitely not two as golden boy is obviously the first name on the team sheet, one up top... Perfect for a home game.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It will probably be more of the same, back line fine, a defensive midfield five consisting of Gus's golden boy, maybe one winger in that five if we're lucky, definitely not two as golden boy is obviously the first name on the team sheet, one up top... Perfect for a home game.

Please, please no. Not again.

Barnes scores a first half hat-trick and is promptly booed off the pitch at half time for over zealous celebrations and lacking in work rate.
Final score 6-1 and the crowds anger is now pointed at Gus because his side let in yet another severely deflected shot.
Naylor reports that this in his opinion is just a temporary blimp and that the supporters need to show patience and will be back to losing 1-0 again before too long.

and once again Sussex By The Sea will be sung at the wrong speed causing the FL to deduct the three points anyway

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I worry that if we lose,then some of our more impatient fans(?) will start booing the team.
1) They pay their money, they are entitled to if they feel the performance fits. .. 2) The performance will probably be drab again as Barnes and Dicker will be selected most likely.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
On a positive note...

In a week festooned with goals galore all over this green and pleasant land it has to be another Albion special TV performace that has fans all over the land envious of our brand of total football ... 0-0

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I worry that if we lose,then some of our more impatient fans(?) will start booing the team.

Clapping them off would be better. At least they would know that we appreciate their efforts despite losing 3 out of 4 at home. We wouldn't want the players to feel unloved and unappreciated. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone would dispute that they will be doing their best.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
On a positive note...

In a week festooned with goals galore all over this green and pleasant land it has to be another Albion special TV performace that has fans all over the land envious of our brand of total football ... 0-0
I bloody hope so, its well overdue...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just looking forward to the game.

There are some proper drama queens on this site, I wonder if all the homophobic chanting has anything to do with Brighton par se, and is more to do with our hissy fit throwing fans!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
The cynic in me says it will be the same shit as recently with 9 defensive players like the last few weeks, and Buckley and CMS attempting to do their best with no support from elsewhere. 0-0 draw.

The optimist in me hopes that Gus has takes his head out of his arse and drops the woeful Hammond, Crofts and Barnes and brings in Orlandi, Lopez and Dobbie.

Who knows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here