Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so what are we all expecting from the Millwall game...?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we may be able to scrape a nervy draw, a result that doesn't suit either team but will suit Millwall marginally more than us. Failing that a loss as I can't see us being able to hold a lead unless we score in injury time.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A win (just) and a few people saying 'see I told you he should stay'

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Zero expectations .. I can make a case for just about any score from 5-0 through to 0-5

Hypia's not the only one confused!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Another defeat! I honestly don't think we're good enough to beat any team in this division with that clown at the helm!

This is what I expect =, but I very much hope that I am wrong.

I can't see any way that we can both defend well and score in the same game, we seem to be able to do only one of these (or neither) in any single game due to the inept team selections and tactics.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We will batter them without scoring, then concede a hopelessly naiive goal thanks to our full backs leaving gaping holes. We will continue to batter them and score after a fortuitous penalty decision 5 minutes from time.

Hyppia will then come out with a load of drivel about how "we're getting there", we deserved to win etc etc

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I absolutely love your optimism, (l wish it would rub off on me), but . . . who's going to score the goals?, who is going to make them?, and, as an earlier poster pointed out, Millwall aren't going to simply lay down and die. They lost 5-1 at home on Saturday remember?, and Holloway won't let that happen again.

3 own goals and 2 penalties and I win the lottery even though I don't buy a ticket :)

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
A win and that is the least we should expect!!! If millwall turn us over then the board have no where to go but make the change! If they continue to wait then there has to be a different agenda

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally i expect it will be a dire game of football with 2 of the worst midfields in the league constantly giving the ball to the other one as neither will have the ability to keep hold of it for more than 15 seconds. After a drab first 35 minutes where there has been 2 corners and 0 shots on target i expect half the ground will empty to go and get a pint and a pie waking up the other half on the way. For the final 10 minutes of the half there will be more people watching the game on the concourse on sky than there will be in the ground.
2nd half Millwall will realise we are actually worse than them and if they hoof it long we are bound to cock it up eventually. With that we struggle to get the ball over halfway for the entire 2nd period. Darren Bent will stand on half way wondering where his life went wrong and how did it end up like this, while our lifeless in-experienced midfield trio of JFC, Ince and Gardner play a version of kiss chase running around after the Millwall players.
After we go 1 down the crowd will get restless and turn on the board and Hyypia and there will be an organised mass walk out on 80 minutes which will go over the boards head as they will think it is normal.
Everyone will go home log on to NSC and complain about why is he still in charge and how the hell can a man with no football experience be allowed to be head of recruitment. Sami will get a vote of confidence the following day and Burke will justify the recruitment process.

2916561.jpg

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
A clean sheet and a couple of goals for us gets us clear of relegation zone with other results going our way. (Please Santa)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here