Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we spend £20M on a defence that was pretty sound to begin with?

Last night's goals (a week before the season starts):

Murray
Duffy

Same as it ever was :thumbsup:
Well, if Glenn's going to be the default penalty taker then I think that virtually guarantees he's going to be top scorer. Also, I don't think it matters how many strikers we had in the box because none of them had a chance with that header from Duffy!

Defence wins titles
I think it's relegation-avoidance that we need to be preparing for :)

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, if Glenn's going to be the default penalty taker then I think that virtually guarantees he's going to be top scorer. Also, I don't think it matters how many strikers we had in the box because none of them had a chance with that header from Duffy!

Damn fine powerful header, you could hear the THUMP! halfway up the North when he made contact :bowdown:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Was it pretty sound? Seem to remember conceding a lot of comedy goals towards the back end of last season. It definitely needed strengthening.
That sound defence served us well against Muff, Cardiff and Southampton when they were needed most didn't it?

Last season I moaned more than most about Hughton and his dreadful football. There are now some on here that have taken moaning to a whole new level.

FFS-we have a brand new Head Coach with new ideas and new game plans. He even has a Plan B for crying out loud. A couple of real quality signings so far with the club looking to strengthen up front. If no new goal scorers come in we have a coach who will promote from within What the hell is there to moan about?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I think it's relegation-avoidance that we need to be preparing for :)

The "Some of Glenn's [VITAL PL] goals don't count" argument.

M.D

Jan 15, 2015
Call me old school but when your building a team, don't you build from the back?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
FED985BD-07A0-4C3E-B478-8D3D67F49DBA.jpeg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
And not long to go before it SLAMS shut...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the nearer the deadline, the more likely a deal is to be done,
same as every window, that ever there was.

given our slightly extravagant recruitment team, how many man/woman hours remain, would you say?
three in, absolute tops

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
the nearer the deadline, the more likely a deal is to be done,
same as every window, that ever there was.

given our slightly extravagant recruitment team, how many man/woman hours remain, would you say?
three in, absolute tops

About 21,000 person hours for our Recruitment team! [emoji6]

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm honestly fine with the signing. It is however wild to me that for THREE PL seasons we've failed to sign a Murray type striker when we've needed one since the very beginning. Hopefully the last week of the FIFTH window since promotion will spell the end of the drought.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And not long to go before it SLAMS shut...

Console yourself in the meantime with the knowledge that Palace have lost their best defender, have their best striker with his head turned and their penalty taker seemingly wanting to leave, and have so far signed Ayew and Henderson.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here