Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So we need a new LB...

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Good call, one if the best left side players in league last year, good at getting forward.

Friend only cost Boro 100,000 and was their player of the year. Every time I've seen him, albeit only highlights, he's looked a quality player, especially getting forward.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Housewives favourite, George Elikobi:

elokobi2.png

AKA The Black Tubthumper.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's just possible we passed on Bridge because we rate Maksimenko. I see he's started Latvia's last 2 internationals at left-back.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone got any idea of the Yeovil fans' opinions on Maksimenko? I know Latvia isn't a footballing powerhouse, but he won the Latvian defender of the year award and Skonto player of the season the year before he came to us, so must know what he's doing.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bridge was never realistically going to sign for us once clubs with the financial clout of parachute payments joined the race.

I never expected us to sign him. He was hardly going to take an £80,000 a week drop in wages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a close season problem every year now isn't it?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I imagine we'll sign a LB to replace Bridge, and that LB will come in as first choice. Maksimenko couldn't hold down a place in Yoevil's starting XI, could he?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Have any of the people suggesting Maksimenko should be given a chance ever seen him play?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I imagine we'll sign a LB to replace Bridge, and that LB will come in as first choice. Maksimenko couldn't hold down a place in Yoevil's starting XI, could he?

I may be wrong, but I also thought that it has been reported on here that he actually played CB for them, when he got a game that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here