Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
true , Andone is certainly good enough. When is he due back ?

Gyokeres loaned out. Andone not back until New Year (hopefully). At least we have Zeqiri now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Looks like a question of getting through the next three months (13 matches). Andone should be back in the new year.

I wouldn't gamble £20m on a striker who may well end up unused or being a dud. Especially not in this climate.

Folk might think differently if it was their money.

“If it was their money” what utter nonsense. Oh, and we face losing £100m a season if we get relegated because we didn’t invest.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm really not sure this striker is coming. Not saying that we shouldn't try and get one still but with the way we play, and the adaptability Potter presses on the squad, I can see Trossard and Ali J being out striking 'backups' - not to mention Andone being the 3rd 'real' striker come January and there's Gyokeres too unless he goes out on loan.

The thing is it's not that unusual for teams to only have 2 'real' strikers. Look at City (Aguero and Jesus) and Spurs (Kane + one incoming) for starters

Hoping but not expecting

Comparing us to Man City and Spurs is laughable IMHO

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Edouard’s the lowest rated Celtic player on the BBC’s scorer today. He got 3.9/10.

I call this ‘doing a Duffy’. He is not refusing to play but is refusing to play well and sign a contract.

Come on Tone, roll the dice tomorrow and give the poor lad a way out of the Monkey Tennis league.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Edouard’s the lowest rated Celtic player on the BBC’s scorer today. He got 3.9/10.

I call this ‘doing a Duffy’. He is not refusing to play but is refusing to play well and sign a contract.

Come on Tone, roll the dice tomorrow and give the poor lad a way out of the Monkey Tennis league.

Hes been crap/anonymous a few times before this..... You could be right, but anywhere near the 30 odd million being mentioned is going to bite the buyer on the arse imho. He's just not as good as St Mirren defenders make him look.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maybe because no one gives a shit about what TB says.

On what basis do you make such ridiculous and outlandish BS statements?

To every real Brighton fan bar none (I would guess) they absolutely love, respect and listen to every word our owner says.

But maybe they don't, and we're all mistaken in our feeling towards TB, because you as self appointed official fan spokesman, says nobody gives a shit...... on our behalf?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On what basis do you make such ridiculous and outlandish BS statements?

To every real Brighton fan bar none (I would guess) they absolutely love, respect and listen to every word our owner says.

But maybe they don't, and we're all mistaken in our feeling towards TB, because you as self appointed official fan spokesman, says nobody gives a shit...... on our behalf?

Over the last 18 months or so since I started following Brighton there's been some interviews with TB, and the message is always:

- He wants the club to be sustainable.

Fans response: need more expensive signings.

- He does not want to keep investing heavily year after year.

- Covid 19 is very bad news economically speaking.

In what way are you listening to every word he says?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

What about the 'no dick heads' policy?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Over the last 18 months or so since I started following Brighton there's been some interviews with TB, and the message is always:

Again patronising guff full of false assumptions. Who said signing has to be expensive except you?

Which one of us doesn't hear or give a shit about what TB says that you suggest?

We've sold or got rid of a lot of players, reducing our costs massively and our player numbers, we still still have well over a hundred million coming in and a positive net spend. The squad in some areas is threadbare. No other club has one front line striker + 1 rookie.

Real fans of Brighton have every right to question that massive risk as well as why we haven't yet spent £1 of the TV money, when match day revenue losses as 1 million per game (X 18 home games)

We all want a sustainable club, nobody is asking foe expensive signings, they are asking for decent cover rather than risky gambles. They are also well within their rights to ask why with 150 odd million coming in, - 18 matchaday losses, why not just a tiny bit of that isn't used as a protection to cover at least Maupay.

This is what invested fans do, you try and paint your own false narratives.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Excluding Murray, when have we ever bought a decent striker in the last 30 years?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

It’s only you using the word ‘expensive’, which ties in nicely with your ‘Hollywoodesque’ nonsense posted elsewhere. A free agent would superb as long as they are actually a credible senior squad player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here