Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So was Owen snubbed

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Anyone pick him up or has he been left on the Prem shelf where he belongs.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Free agent doesn't need to sign for anyone tonight

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Embarrassingly, this is one of his earlier tweets;

michael owen @themichaelowen
Up early, too excited to sleep. Final day of the transfer window and I'm likely to play a part in it!

I'd feel sorry for him, if he wasn't too precious to set himself up for that exact, hilariously tragic, result.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Embarrassingly, this is one of his earlier tweets;

I'd feel sorry for him, if he wasn't too precious to set himself up for that exact, hilariously tragic, result.

OMG didn't realise he had put that. Some one close to him needs to have a word.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I reckon the clubs he's been talking to have told him to hang on. Every club up north have been working hard today, why waste time on Owen? You can sign him any time, so leave him to it and get in the players you want to get in. No rush for Owen, he doesn't need to work again in any capacity I wouldn't have thought, thanks to Newcastle largely...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Over inflated opinion of himself. Won't play Prem football ever again.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Over inflated opinion of himself. Won't play Prem football ever again.

The mess Liverpool are now in, not sure if I agree with that.

Stoke rejected him after "he was talking telephone numbers"

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The mess Liverpool are now in, not sure if I agree with that.

Stoke rejected him after "he was talking telephone numbers"

"The Mess"? Have next to no debt and refusing to pay the wage and/or transfer fee demands for older wannebee players.
Trying to run things properly now, and not adopting the QPR spending spree approach.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I reckon the clubs he's been talking to have told him to hang on. Every club up north have been working hard today, why waste time on Owen? You can sign him any time, so leave him to it and get in the players you want to get in. No rush for Owen, he doesn't need to work again in any capacity I wouldn't have thought, thanks to Newcastle largely...

Very much agree. If no-one takes him as their back-up in the next couple of weeks though...... there's always MLS. If he doesn't want to 'drop' to the 5th best league in world football, he will probably chase the money and go to about the 50th best league as a 'franchise' player

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
Such a load of rubbish on this thread. Firstly the rumour of Owen for Albion was riduclous. Why would he want to come to Albion? He is a Northerner with a northern based horse racing stables, not ideal being 250 miles away from home most of the time. We do not know who has spoken to, but as a free agent footballer I bet he took the day off from his racing circles to answer numerous phone calls from the premiership, championship and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some interest from european clubs. You muppets who have posted negative posts on Owen have no idea what calls he has or has not received today. You are the sensitive fans who will probably boo Dean Hammond to start with but when he pops up to score a vital goal you will all become turncoats, again.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
If your club releases you in the T/window,what happens next ?

So take Owen,released by ManU but no one comes in for him,so as of 00.01 he is unemployed (?) therefore what are his options ?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Very much agree. If no-one takes him as their back-up in the next couple of weeks though...... there's always MLS. If he doesn't want to 'drop' to the 5th best league in world football, he will probably chase the money and go to about the 50th best league as a 'franchise' player

Unlikely. With five young kids and his horse racing interest he will want to stay reasonably close to home.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
You can sign out of contract players at any time :)

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Such a load of rubbish on this thread. Firstly the rumour of Owen for Albion was riduclous. Why would he want to come to Albion? He is a Northerner with a northern based horse racing stables, not ideal being 250 miles away from home most of the time. We do not know who has spoken to, but as a free agent footballer I bet he took the day off from his racing circles to answer numerous phone calls from the premiership, championship and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some interest from european clubs. You muppets who have posted negative posts on Owen have no idea what calls he has or has not received today. You are the sensitive fans who will probably boo Dean Hammond to start with but when he pops up to score a vital goal you will all become turncoats, again.

Have a Horlicks and get some sleep hey. There's a good boy

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Unlikely. With five young kids and his horse racing interest he will want to stay reasonably close to home.

Has said won't play in Champ, I personally don't think he's the type to play abroad somewhere he doesn't speak the language. Maybe he'll retire then god knows he must be minted. 5 kids? Wow

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Having missed out on main targets, and with a lack of options up front, emotional Owen return to Liverpool?...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here