So there was free travel after all!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I got a free ride on the bus to Hastings station. It was 10 minutes late because the driver had been trying to fix his broken ticket machine. He gave up and just let everyone on for free.
However, I purchased my train ticket to Falmer because I'm not a thief. Bilkers like the OP cause us all to pay more and should be ashamed.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Admitting to having committed an offence on a public internet forum. Good work!

It's lucky that no rail workers of police folk post on this forum.

The evidence before the court is
Incontrovertible, there's no need for
The jury to retire.
In all my years of judging
I have never heard before
Of someone more deserving
Of the full penalty of law.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

The jury to retire.

You don't need no education.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I paid for a train ticket but saw many at Brighton station just walk through waving their match tickets. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. It was clearly stated that the match ticket didn't include travel price. No doubt when the cost of this is passed onto next seasons ticket you will be the very people who shout the loudest. Nice one.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

The jury to retire.

Look.

There was a queue at the station for the ticket machine. I would suggest 20 people from it (including me) did not have time to get a ticket so boarded the train.

Southern Rail then decided that despite the fact that this was clearly going to be a busy train not to check / sell tickets.

I sat there with a fiver on the little pull down table waiting to pay but had no opportunity to.

I apologise if this upsets your moral compass so much. You and the other hand wringers on this thread are clearly better human beings than me!

Anyway I have sent Southern Rail a cheque for 3.30 as I don't want you to call the police and have me banged up for 18 months!

RIDICULOUS overreaction.

(edit. Reading your post again I may have been whoooooshed!)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps. But maybe a ridiculous thread to start is the issue here?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Look.

There was a queue at the station for the ticket machine. I would suggest 20 people from it (including me) did not have time to get a ticket so boarded the train.

Southern Rail then decided that despite the fact that this was clearly going to be a busy train not to check / sell tickets.

I sat there with a fiver on the little pull down table waiting to pay but had no opportunity to.

I apologise if this upsets your moral compass so much. You and the other hand wringers on this thread are clearly better human beings than me!

Anyway I have sent Southern Rail a cheque for 3.30 as I don't want you to call the police and have me banged up for 18 months!

RIDICULOUS overreaction.

(edit. Reading your post again I may have been whoooooshed!)
I left home ten minutes early anticipating a queue :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah I am really sorry. I will think before I post in the future. Thanks mate (doffs cap)

No need to do that! Just always going to in invite lots of criticism as proven. We've all enjoyed a free ride at some stage - just don't advertise!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
No need to do that! Just always going to in invite lots of criticism as proven. We've all enjoyed a free ride at some stage - just don't advertise!

Especially when under your post is a signature giving your name and contact details :facepalm:

Southern won't lose out on any lost fares, ultimately as has been proved the shortfall goes through the club who pass it onto us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Especially when under your post is a signature giving your name and contact details :facepalm:

Southern won't lose out on any lost fares, ultimately as has been proved the shortfall goes through the club who pass it onto us.

What does that mean? They leave the gates open, so no way of checking how many people travel, yet make a charge to the club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports