Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the 2nd leg at Amex goes to extra time and pens . . . . . . . . .

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Why did they not make the play offs first leg both Saturday or Sunday one at 3pm and one at 5.30pm or whatever depending on TV schedules for Sky and then the 2nd leg the following Wed and Thursday evenings. There is no advantage or disadvantage to either club as the final isnt until Mon 27th, or would this interfere with other play offs scheduled.

FA cup final and premier league matches, that's why

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FA cup final and premier league matches, that's why

Ok didnt check that but the cup final i can understand the Prem is decided so why not an 11,30 and 1.30 kick off then as the Prem usually all kick off at the same time or if they kick off at 1.30 make it a 4.00pm kick off.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ok didnt check that but the cup final i can understand the Prem is decided so why not an 11,30 and 1.30 kick off then as the Prem usually all kick off at the same time or if they kick off at 1.30 make it a 4.00pm kick off.

11:30 ko? Why not 9am? :rollseyes:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

11th may you have premier league game at 12.45 and FA cup final at 5.15
18th may has league 2 final at 1.30pm
19th may you have league 1 play off final at 1.30, premier league final day at 4pm

So someone would have had to play on an evening at some point anyway

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
could we move the away fans for the playoffs to the east stand?

the reason being that IF it does go to penalties and the away team win the toss, they would be taking the penalties almost entirely in front of their fans... it would hardly be a home advantage..

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
When was the last time we lost a penalty shoot-out. I can only remember Fulham at the Goldstone - has there been one more recently?

Luton away. Unless you're on about at home then I can't think of any, closest we've came to losing is Orient in the JPT.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I wouldn't! I would trek it over the Downs singing "Who's that Man From Argentina" loudly and proudly after Ulloa pots in the penalty that sends us into the final.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
could we move the away fans for the playoffs to the east stand?

the reason being that IF it does go to penalties and the away team win the toss, they would be taking the penalties almost entirely in front of their fans... it would hardly be a home advantage..

The toss of the coin is to decide which team takes the first penalty , I don't think there is a choice any more at which end they're taken due to safety considerations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here