Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the $10m dollars we were happy to spend on Calleri or Bolanos....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
So the $10m dollars we were happy to spend on Calleri or Bolanos....

= So the $10m dollars Tony Bloom may have been prepared to spend on Calleri or Bolanos...

* pedant alert....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Is it worth adding another $5m and going for a McCormack or Rhodes?

Both would be sold for the right money and yes we would need to pay them 30k a week but surely the potential riches that would follow with promotion would make this worth a punt?

What about the impact it would have on the existing team wage structure and their morale? Wouldn't it unsettle the team knowing how much the new guy/s are being paid. Presumably overseas players would be paid no way near as much?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Both would be sold for the right money and yes we would need to pay them 30k a week but surely the potential riches that would follow with promotion would make this worth a punt?

Sounds a good idea. Just send your cheque for £11 million and I'm sure they will be grateful. Suspect they will also throw in free shirt sponsorship for that sum.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sounds a good idea. Just send your cheque for £11 million and I'm sure they will be grateful. Suspect they will also throw in free shirt sponsorship for that sum.

Ha!! If I could I would!! :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Wouldn't want them, over priced mugs!!

Buy Leo back for £5 million lol

Leo maybe a bench warmer, but he is a regular bench warmer, her won't be going anywhere.
Trading top of the Premiership, for a possible play off place with us, won't happen.
He is already in the promised land that we aspire to.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Leo maybe a bench warmer, but he is a regular bench warmer, her won't be going anywhere.
Trading top of the Premiership, for a possible play off place with us, won't happen.
He is already in the promised land that we aspire to.

VMT. Leo is going nowhere.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Although we won yesterday, the result only papered over the cracks in our team. We didn't have enough of a goal scoring threat.

Only Zamora's drive at the keeper and Knockaert hitting the post spring to mind as clear chances.

So, if the one or both of our South American targets should fall through, Its a safe bet we will have other options. It seems that the South American culture towards transfers differs to that of the Europeans. They seem to allow more whispers to escape regarding potential deals, unlike over here, where very little gets out. Their less private approach is both a good and a bad thing for us fans.

We can get excited at the prospect of signing a new player, drool over YouTube clips, build the player up in our minds to be the next Suarez or Aguero. But the flip side is the mass histeria the lengthy process causes. The negativity it breeds on the forums as one fan turns on another. A lot of this negativity then turns on the club, blaming the owner / chairman. / manager for not have the ambition of us die hard fans.

You can understand why the club chooses the 'play your cards close to your chest' option, announce a player has signed out of the blue and everyone is happy. See the Knockaert deal for evidence of how a transfer should be done. Who knows how long we negotiated for his services? but because it was done privately, the club came out of it smelling of roses.

These South Americans deals are fun to begin with, and we may still get our man / men, but the longer they drag on, they do tend to get a bit whiffy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

This 10 million Tony is prepared to invest, in the way he wants, is a fantastic gift to the fans as well.

Personally I'm very grateful to him, and don't expect him to invest in contracts for players which he doesn't view as a good long term investment.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Although we won yesterday, the result only papered over the cracks in our team. We didn't have enough of a goal scoring threat.

Only Zamora's drive at the keeper and Knockaert hitting the post spring to mind as clear chances.

So, if the one or both of our South American targets should fall through, Its a safe bet we will have other options. It seems that the South American culture towards transfers differs to that of the Europeans. They seem to allow more whispers to escape regarding potential deals, unlike over here, where very little gets out. Their less private approach is both a good and a bad thing for us fans.

We can get excited at the prospect of signing a new player, drool over YouTube clips, build the player up in our minds to be the next Suarez or Aguero. But the flip side is the mass histeria the lengthy process causes. The negativity it breeds on the forums as one fan turns on another. A lot of this negativity then turns on the club, blaming the owner / chairman. / manager for not have the ambition of us die hard fans.

You can understand why the club chooses the 'play your cards close to your chest' option, announce a player has signed out of the blue and everyone is happy. See the Knockaert deal for evidence of how a transfer should be done. Who knows how long we negotiated for his services? but because it was done privately, the club came out of it smelling of roses.

These South Americans deals are fun to begin with, and we may still get our man / men, but the longer they drag on, they do tend to get a bit whiffy.
I didn't go to the game so cannot really comment but didn't AK also had a great chance where he turned and shot through a crowd of players narrowly shooting wide . not trying to pick holes and I think you are spot on with your post .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Sorry £15 million for either of the two would be about £11 million too much

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Im just wondering really where people have got this £10 million that TB is supposed to be buying players with from has he rang you and told you this,
or just another NSC pluck from the air thread, because really, I will have to see it to believe it , and , fair play to TB if he does.
But where is this info from then ?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Im just wondering really where people have got this £10 million that TB is supposed to be buying players with from has he rang you and told you this,
or just another NSC pluck from the air thread, because really, I will have to see it to believe it , and , fair play to TB if he does.
But where is this info from then ?

Leaked info from the agents and / or other people connected to the South American targets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here