Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that's why palace didn't take Malkay.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Is this a joke? If you can't work it out for yourself then I'm certainly not the one to tell you what's wrong with what was done and said. Do a Google search for 'discrimination' and see if it gives you any clues. :flounce:

Surely what was said between the 2 people in question during private emails is personal opinion/banter rather than discrimination? Isn't is all a little bit 1984 to dictate what 2 people can and cannot say to each other in private. I wasn't even aware there were laws on this. :ohmy:

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Moronic Posts

Pick out where discrimination has happened.

Oh, I don't know, let's start with the Black Monopoly jag. Hilarious, right?

I live in America and have an African American teenage son. (BTW he plays for LA Galaxy but that part isn't relevant).
It's racist crap like that -- hilarious or harmless to Malky and you -- that angers him. That, plus recent injustices such as befell Trayvon Martin, Ferguson Missouri, countless other "open season on young black men" incidents here and daily mundane racist comments he endures personally because of his skin color. Of course the policing and justice systems are hopelessly skewed against young black men. The proportion of young black men in jail is scandalous. So yeah, black monopoly, Go to Jail, what a jolly jape. I wouldn't have his patience and forgiveness. Until you suffer chronic everyday discrimination and insults, you cannot possibly understand what it's like. It's not in your personal experience. Even so, empathy is a useful quality.

The word used in that post that you quote, "discrimination", may not be exactly right but instead of parsing the general drift, it's pretty obvious from the laundry list of quotes that the bloke is a racist/homophobic/semite hater. Is it OK if those views are only held in private? May not be illegal as such but it says a lot about the character of the individual. If you don't have a problem with someone of that ilk, well, good luck to you, sir.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

I live in America and have an African American teenage son. (BTW he plays for LA Galaxy but that part isn't relevant).
It's racist crap like that -- hilarious or harmless to Malky and you -- that angers him. That, plus recent injustices such as befell Trayvon Martin, Ferguson Missouri, countless other "open season on young black men" incidents here and daily mundane racist comments he endures personally because of his skin color. Of course the policing and justice systems are hopelessly skewed against young black men. The proportion of young black men in jail is scandalous. So yeah, black monopoly, Go to Jail, what a jolly jape. I wouldn't have his patience and forgiveness. Until you suffer chronic everyday discrimination and insults, you cannot possibly understand what it's like. It's not in your personal experience. Even so, empathy is a useful quality.

The word used in that post that you quote, "discrimination", may not be exactly right but instead of parsing the general drift, it's pretty obvious from the laundry list of quotes that the bloke is a racist/homophobic/semite hater. Is it OK if those views are only held in private? May not be illegal as such but it says a lot about the character of the individual. If you don't have a problem with someone of that ilk, well, good luck to you, sir.

You cannot FORCE people to have different views or outlooks that differ from your own ( however offensive) Education is the key!

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

I absolutely don't agree, neither you or the government can police peoples thoughts or what is considered to be banter between two like minded individuals.
It only becomes reprehensible when a view held is allowed to influence a judgement on an individual of whatever ilk, it then becomes discrimination.
If i want to dislike people from say Finland then who are you to tell me i can't ? If I choose not to employ someone because they are Finnish then I deserve all I get.
Discrimination is always wrong be it sexism, racism, ageism or whatever (unless its brightonism or palaceism of course ;) )

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

1- how a foreign country handles it's internal affairs is of no relevance here
2- It is not 'pretty obvious that the bloke is a racist/homophobe/Semite hater. You don't know him and neither do I.
3- yes it is ok for anyone to have any view in private

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Oh..how I love Palace. Just when they look like a few years of lording it up over us they go and implode.

Marvellous scenes. Just marvellous. Well done all.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Whilst I have complete sympathy with the bigotry your son has to deal with on a regular basis there's no case of discrimination here I'm afraid. Malkay and Moody have simply been exposed as horrible, narrow minded racist individuals and for that reason will probably never work in football in this country again, quite rightly too.

Your outpouring of emotion is completely understandable, I can't even fathom what your son and your family have to put up with over there but it's not really relevant to the previous posters points. Whilst I'm glad these bigoted idiots have been exposed the nature of it worries me too. These were private conversations between two absolute bloody idiots but still private text messages that are now in the public domain. Imo it sets a dangerous president.

I'm not racist, homophobic or antisemitic, ive been raised with and around people from all creeds, colours and walks of life but I don't doubt if someone had access to all my text messages they'd be messages that could be percieved as being offensive to some sort of minority when taken out of context. Dont get me wrong, I'm not defending these idiots just simply defending our right as free human beings to say whst we like in private conversation.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I absolutely don't agree, neither you or the government can police peoples thoughts or what is considered to be banter between two like minded individuals.
It only becomes reprehensible when a view held is allowed to influence a judgement on an individual of whatever ilk, it then becomes discrimination.
If i want to dislike people from say Finland then who are you to tell me i can't ? If I choose not to employ someone because they are Finnish then I deserve all I get.
Discrimination is always wrong be it sexism, racism, ageism or whatever (unless its brightonism or palaceism of course ;) )

They're not policing his thoughts. He is free to have them, no one is saying he can't have them.

What they are saying is that having such thoughts in this day and age means you will find a lot of people/companies/organisations etc won't like associating with people who have those thoughts so won't want to work with him.

It's like people who express something unpopular who, when other people other people criticise that, claim freedom of speech. The freedom to say what you say is the same freedom of other people to say what they say about what you said.

The freedom that allows Malkay to think and say the things he is alleged to have said is the same freedom that allows others to condemn him for it, and to not associate with him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh..how I love Palace. Just when they look like a few years of lording it up over us they go and implode.

Don't go hiring the band just yet - the season is only 1 week old for them and remember last year when they look doomed. We all want to see it happen but it's early days yet.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

We're 1 game into the season. We have all of next week to spend £25m. Sorry to disappoint you but it's quite likely that we'll be fine, especially since Malky and Moody's misconduct has nothing to do with Palace.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Surely what was said between the 2 people in question during private emails is personal opinion/banter rather than discrimination? Isn't is all a little bit 1984 to dictate what 2 people can and cannot say to each other in private. I wasn't even aware there were laws on this. :ohmy:

I am not sure how you deem any of these messages as private. In all instances they appear to be representing the business of Cardiff City football club.

Why would anyone go looking for evidence like this, if it wasn't to corroborate conversations that other people had been party to over the way these two conducted their banter ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We're 1 game into the season. We have all of next week to spend £25m.

Oh but reports suggest you don't have £25m to spend otherwise Pulis would have stayed and got those targets he wanted, you could have afforded them if that was the case. I am not looking to wind you up, but let's total all you spend between now and the end of the season and I think you will be lucky to spend half that. Let's be honest you have to be wise and not do a Pompey.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Moody looks deranged and bizarrly has more than a striking resemblence to Jim Carrey. The shot of the directors box at 'Stad de Nigel' looks like a very informal identity parade where all the participants are guilty!

Horrible people them lot!

TNBA

TTF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

if you want to get into the semantic, its not technically discrimination. but there's clear prejudice, going beyond banter. one could be easily construed as discrimination and a preference for white players. there arent actually laws against this in private, but once its public you have a big perception issue, and in employment, workplace and business dealings where these seem to be made, there is law.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone want to seek out Palace messages re Sherwood when he was linked with us [emoji23]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Palace will be fine. They have the core of the team that stayed up with ease last season and have funds to strengthen in the next ten days. The way they played against Arsenal shows that there will undoubtedly be a number of teams who fare worse than them this season.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I am not sure how you deem any of these messages as private. In all instances they appear to be representing the business of Cardiff City football club.

Why would anyone go looking for evidence like this, if it wasn't to corroborate conversations that other people had been party to over the way these two conducted their banter ?

Wouldn't be surprised if the mobiles used were supplied, or at least paid for, by Cardiff. If so, not "private".

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Whilst I have complete sympathy with the bigotry your son has to deal with on a regular basis there's no case of discrimination here I'm afraid. Malkay and Moody have simply been exposed as horrible, narrow minded racist individuals and for that reason will probably never work in football in this country again, quite rightly too.

Your outpouring of emotion is completely understandable, I can't even fathom what your son and your family have to put up with over there but it's not really relevant to the previous posters points. Whilst I'm glad these bigoted idiots have been exposed the nature of it worries me too. These were private conversations between two absolute bloody idiots but still private text messages that are now in the public domain. Imo it sets a dangerous president.

I'm not racist, homophobic or antisemitic, ive been raised with and around people from all creeds, colours and walks of life but I don't doubt if someone had access to all my text messages they'd be messages that could be percieved as being offensive to some sort of minority when taken out of context. Dont get me wrong, I'm not defending these idiots just simply defending our right as free human beings to say whst we like in private conversation.
Agree with some of your points...but think you'll find there is a difference in SAYING and WRITING down your views.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Wouldn't be surprised if the mobiles used were supplied, or at least paid for, by Cardiff. If so, not "private".

Exactly. If you are using any form of communication owned by your employer the communications you make aren't private. Would Cardiff - or any other - employer approve of such sentiments? Hopefully not!

And even if they were made on privately owned devices you always run the risk of them becoming public. So no sympathy with either of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here