Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that makes 8 first team players out and still no Manager

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
bloom wont be rushed into appointing the new manager, so when it does actually happen in mid july, all the decent will be signed up by new clubs, and burke will end up signing the crap nobody else wants, or chancing it again on season long loan deals

:yawn::bla:

Looks like Rev has got himself a second account.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Why include Ward but not Lingard or Andrews?

You're right of course, so that makes 10 first team out, and only one in. And still no manager. I'll "get a grip" when there's more stability in the club.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You're right of course, so that makes 10 first team out, and only one in. And still no manager. I'll "get a grip" when there's more stability in the club.

You're alright mate. TaxiRichie and that grumpy old man on the other thread have put your concern into perspective with their absolute bedwetting panic.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
bloom wont be rushed into appointing the new manager, so when it does actually happen in mid july, all the decent will be signed up by new clubs, and burke will end up signing the crap nobody else wants, or chancing it again on season long loan deals

There are all sorts of possibilities as to where we are on the managerial front, ranging from "we are nowhere near a decision" to "we already have it sorted but can't announce it yet." It is actually possible that the next manager is known and that we have a list of targets.

I would guess that we are somewhere between the two, though, and if that is the case, we will just have to accept that the new manager will have to cope with whatever is in place, which is what would happen at any point if there was a change during the season.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
From July,thats 10 players on say £5000 per week each,is a saving of over £200k PCM.I can see why clubs leave it late.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Maybe more to go yet!
I'm not convinced Brighton are doing a whole lot of negotiating with their out of contract players, Barnes for example, was apparently given one offer and it was left on the table, he felt he could do better and to be fair, in the end he did.
If the club are taking a similar stance with Bruno and Calderon, they too could be off to not only the highest bidder but to a club that actually appears to want them.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Oh no, who's going to play in the big game this weekend?

Oh, wait a minute

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Yep, this is clearly the most likely scenario.

After all, what does Tony Bloom care about about progressing the Albion? It's not like he's a supporter, with a rich history of family involvement in the club and a significant investment at stake.

Oh, wait...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The roller coaster has hit a dip at the moment but believe me it will be making a very exhilarating climb again with a month or so....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here