Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So proud! A real I was there moment!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Domestically we seem to dominate possession and xG but not get our just desserts. But in Europe we play poorly and win and keep a clean sheet.
Not let in a goal since the first half away to Marseille.

Who'da thunk at half time then, with 0 points, that we'd end up with 13

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Whoever thought, when hearing talk of 'magical European nights', that us Brighton fans would one day get past the bouncers and into that club?

The atmosphere at the end in the Amex was fantastic. With all the crap going on in the world at the moment we need to cherish the moments of pure joy that this game we love can bring.

Enjoy every minute and much love to you all. (No, I'm sober. - That's how much of a lift its given me.)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Honestly, what next? I’m not sure I can take it!
I almost had a ‘moment’ at the end there, my son reacted like I would at his age but gave me a big bear hug, whereas my dad was sadly passed on when I was my son’s age tonight, I properly started to well up. Silly old idiot!!
Mate, I haven't lost my dad yet but I honestly know what you mean with loss of family and football mates.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Yeah it was ok. 🤷‍♀️
I don't think I've ever had to use so much strength and balance to stop me and jnr tipping over the seats in front. :lolol:
Holy shit we've just come top of a group in the Europa League!!!!!! That's going to take a while to sink in. Well done everyone! (y)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Six and twenty years ago in Hereford county town,
The Albion sat on the brink, of defeat and going down,
A shot, a save, a rebound driven home,
The air became a blur, of blue, of fingers made of foam.

Now look at us, still underdogs, but top of Europa B,
Believing now, last 16 we are, in Dreamland by the sea,
Milan, Benfica.. are in the pot, just two who could be next,
... to test our heroes on the pitch, at our home we call Amex

We rode our luck, missed a few chances with tame efforts, outplayed another european great and in the end thoroughly deserved that win. It was a Will Buckley Doncaster moment or failing that Mac Allister in the 98th minute with the sound of 30000 seagulls roaring as he struck the penalty.

Hats off to all Brighton players and fans tonight and I doff a cap remembering people we lost along the way who fought alongside all of us of a certain age throught the decrepit tragically ending Goldstone, exile in Gillingham, return to Brighton in an Athletics stadium and then in our wonderful new Amex Stadium. Thanks Dick Knight, thanks Fatboy Slim, thanks so much Tony Bloom, I love you all and will forever be grateful.

Never in my wildest dreams would we experience moments like this.

What a team, what beautiful football, what a winner!
Wanted a thread like this, that was SPECIAL. I had the onion eyes, that was just, well, I cannot put it into words. I needed that.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Wouldn’t say we rode our luck as they offered nothing. We just weren’t clinical enough at times. But the rest of the post was spot on - glad I was there and can’t wait to see where we go from here! UTA
They did hit the post TWICE though….but we also squandered some great chances and shot straight at the keeper more often than not, which at the time, was incredibly frustrating. Alls well that ends well though!

Whoever thought, when hearing talk of 'magical European nights', that us Brighton fans would one day get past the bouncers and into that club?

The atmosphere at the end in the Amex was fantastic. With all the crap going on in the world at the moment we need to cherish the moments of pure joy that this game we love can bring.

Enjoy every minute and much love to you all. (No, I'm sober. - That's how much of a lift its given me.)
SPOT ON.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wouldn’t say we rode our luck as they offered nothing. We just weren’t clinical enough at times. But the rest of the post was spot on - glad I was there and can’t wait to see where we go from here! UTA
I would. A ball hit underside of bar with Steele beaten and another hit post then Steele before JPVH cleared.

We were by far the better team, and deserve it on our overall play, but those 2 chances were the closest anyone came to scoring before Pedro did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That might have just been my favourite night at the Amex of all time. The game was far from a classic, we struggled to make the most of our superiority in possession (nothing new). But after about an hour my sister turned to me and said "I just can't see where a goal is going to come from".

I can't say I replied in total confidence, but I said "someone will do something...we do have players out there who can just DO something"

And so it came to pass.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Honestly, what next? I’m not sure I can take it!
I almost had a ‘moment’ at the end there, my son reacted like I would at his age but gave me a big bear hug, whereas my dad was sadly passed on when I was my son’s age tonight, I properly started to well up. Silly old idiot!!
My 19 yr old grandson is at uni, but was sending me joyous texts. He loves Pedro.
My Dad would’ve been so proud.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes indeed, definitely an I was there moment and so proud I was there with my daughter.
with about ten minutes remaining, I turned to her and said it’s been a very bitty game, but I feel last minute drama approaching, low behold a thing of beauty, Pedro charged towards our front row seats and lurched into the crowd while all around celebrated wildly. Truly magical and you know what from that goal onwards I have never felt more confident that we would hold on, I have never known extra time fly so quickly, normally we are wincing at every attack, looking at the clock nervously, nope none of that it was our night, no one was taking that off us, not even God dare do that.

dreamland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here