Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So proud! A real I was there moment!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We rode our luck, missed a few chances with tame efforts, outplayed another european great and in the end thoroughly deserved that win. It was a Will Buckley Doncaster moment or failing that Mac Allister in the 98th minute with the sound of 30000 seagulls roaring as he struck the penalty.

Hats off to all Brighton players and fans tonight and I doff a cap remembering people we lost along the way who fought alongside all of us of a certain age throught the decrepit tragically ending Goldstone, exile in Gillingham, return to Brighton in an Athletics stadium and then in our wonderful new Amex Stadium. Thanks Dick Knight, thanks Fatboy Slim, thanks so much Tony Bloom, I love you all and will forever be grateful.

Never in my wildest dreams would we experience moments like this.

What a team, what beautiful football, what a winner!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wouldn’t say we rode our luck as they offered nothing. We just weren’t clinical enough at times. But the rest of the post was spot on - glad I was there and can’t wait to see where we go from here! UTA
Rode our luck refers to the two that hit woodwork and the second of those usually flies in, I'm looking at you David Stockdale!

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
We rode our luck, missed a few chances with tame efforts, outplayed another european great and in the end thoroughly deserved that win. It was a Will Buckley Doncaster moment or failing that Mac Allister in the 98th minute with the sound of 30000 seagulls roaring as he struck the penalty.

Hats off to all Brighton players and fans tonight and I doff a cap remembering people we lost along the way who fought alongside all of us of a certain age throught the decrepit tragically ending Goldstone, exile in Gillingham, return to Brighton in an Athletics stadium and then in our wonderful new Amex Stadium. Thanks Dick Knight, thanks Fatboy Slim, thanks so much Tony Bloom, I love you all and will forever be grateful.

You missed ‘Hereford’ then you would have won the “how far have we come” bingo people play after every big win.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
That second half was shit. The goal papered over that massively. Hay ho. I’m happy, better than when we played Oldham on a cold Wednesday night in 1980 with only 3 of us there etc…..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Trying to think of a better home game. It’s in a division with Wigan, Palace 10 men and Chelsea. After that I’m struggling. Maybe the best ever but some recency bias and the whisky I’ve just had are in play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Walking out the ground and to the coach park - singing everywhere and everyone giving it = the sign of a special night. Can’t buy these times…!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That second half was shit. The goal papered over that massively. Hay ho. I’m happy, better than when we played Oldham on a cold Wednesday night in 1980 with only 3 of us there etc…..
Ironically that’s what I loved.

Domestically we seem to dominate possession and xG but not get our just desserts. But in Europe we play poorly and win and keep a clean sheet.

All hail the crossbar and the beans on toast.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

The Fatboy was playing at The Old Market tonight - the second of a three night residency (I'm going tomorrow). So he missed it. A new agent required?

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
T
Trying to think of a better home game. It’s in a division with Wigan, Palace 10 men and Chelsea. After that I’m struggling. Maybe the best ever but some recency bias and the whisky I’ve just had are in play.
Trust me, it’s the whisky at play.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You missed ‘Hereford’ then you would have won the “how far have we come” bingo people play after every big win.
True, but the two matches I quoted were after our Lazarus moment and the circumstances are quite different. I could include Hereford as it's almost the most important game if not the most, in our history, but then also the soggy, cold winter slogs up in Rochdale and the likes (no disrespect I loved watching us there) come to mind as important steps in our re-emergence under icky Adams.

Tonight was pure joy and (in my case) such a feeling of disbelief. I am so lucky to have found the Albion and experienced all of it (well most). It has been such an incredible journey.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Harsh consifdering Marseilles lack of ambition, packing the box, fallling over at every opportunity. And the 12th man on their side seemingly. It was frustrating but noot 'shit'.

And yes, like @Guinness Boy, by now I have enjoyed one or two drams!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here