Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So pleased the Liverpool build up and game is over - to much Ass kissing of Liverpool

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I was sooo bored of all the ass kissing we did as a club to Liverpool, we did two long interviews with Navarro and Noone and all was about Liverpool, oh how great they are, what a great place it is, how much i love the club, how i want tickets for the final.
BORING
We pay money on the website as we support brighton, dont we ? seagulls player and some players and manager to a degree become obsessed with liverpool and made them out to be a unbeatable team.
So no wonder we didnt win, the only good player was Lua Lua who showed no fear and beat full back all game, Noone was a total waste of space and should be dropped from the squad.
If he doesnt wanna perform as he hasnt since Liverpool game at home, i know been injuried a bit but in games has played has been awful, if he doesnt want to play for us and proud to be play for us, he should go.
I was embarassed on the amount of questions on liverpool, who cares, Stevenage didnt get lovestruck with Tottenham, i bet they werent talking Tottenham up. They concentrated on themselves and what need to do and also enjoy the occassion, for us it was like a holiday for some and turned into a joke. No shocks to me.
They went for Tottenham and showed wasnt star struck, we as a club was for definate star struck and was embarassing, both from some players, media and Gus who just talks up opposition and doesnt say positive things about us and that we a good side.
We gotta stop this as we a championship club with a lovely stadium and future ahead, i bet teams like cardiff wouldnt have players banging on about who facing like a child it was very very embarassing, please never do this again brighton.
Just had to get this out sorry.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Each to his own. I rather enjoyed it all... and had a great weekend away too.

Yeah it was nice to a degree but do you not think it was a bit over the top with all the interviews saying how great liverpool are and saying will you get tickets for the final, who cares, these players play professionally for a club in the championship, we not a non league club.
If Noone especially was sooo overawed he isnt the type of player that we want at this club, as was like a child, he has to remember he is representing us and not liverpool, we pay his wages and gave him the opportunity at this level.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was the 5th round of the FA cup, we have come a long way in a short while, it was always going to happen. Most people have got over it by now. Why are you still harping on about it over 48 hours later?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
It was the 5th round of the FA cup, we have come a long way in a short while, it was always going to happen. Most people have got over it by now. Why are you still harping on about it over 48 hours later?

This is my first comment on the game as been soo busy with work and out drinking to comment on what i felt, i just had to comment as was actually boring to listen to the interviews on seagulls player.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone with a half and half scarf of BHA/Premiership team should be lined up against the back of the Goldstone Retail Park and shot with a coup de gras to the nape of the neck, no last words, nothing, just dispatched to meet their maker with some cold, hard lead and thrown into a communal grave with the cooling bodies of the rest of the 'half and halfers.' Obviously this is imho (and I'd be more than willing to do the shooting myself if no one else is up for it) but why our club produce embarrassing shite like the Spurs half and half scarf is a complete mystery to me - it's just soooo tinpot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is my first comment on the game as been soo busy with work and out drinking to comment on what i felt, i just had to comment as was actually boring to listen to the interviews on seagulls player.

I agree the interviews were boring as it was the same old unimaginative questions asked by the media, most of which we'd already heard back in September when we played Liverpool at home. The players can only answer the questions put to them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In fairness hearing the Liverpool fan players banging on about it was a bit irritating. Whilst I think the tone of the OP may have been a tad harsh, the general point was valid. We did seem to be starstruck and overawed by the occasion, which is what you might expect from a league 3 or non-league team. It's only my opinion but I do not think mentally we were in the right place for the game. We had to be at our best and sadly we ended up looking like day-trippers.

Now we are back to the league I hope we can rediscover the form that has served us so well this season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In fairness hearing the Liverpool fan players banging on about it was a bit irritating. Whilst I think the tone of the OP may have been a tad harsh, the general point was valid. We did seem to be starstruck and overawed by the occasion, which is what you might expect from a league 3 or non-league team. It's only my opinion but I do not think mentally we were in the right place for the game. We had to be at our best and sadly we ended up looking like day-trippers.

Now we are back to the league I hope we can rediscover the form that has served us so well this season.

This.

The only half/half scarf I have is a Brighton and Hove one.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

Exactly it was like oh wow we have got a nice stadium to goto lets talk about it as much as possible, no we are a team who was unbeaten in 2012, beaten teams like Leeds and Leicester and Newcastle and we get 20,000 crowds every week and in the top 10 in a league below the premiership.
Yet we seemed obsessed with finding out what Navarro and Noone felt about Liverpool, i bet you that no other club in the championship would ask their own players such babyish questions (where did you play football in liverpool Navarro oh outside the stadium oh gosh really) will you celebrate Noone ? gee come on, why not ask can we all move from brighton to liverpool..I for one know which place is seen to be more attractive and thats brighton so winds me up even more with all this rubbish, as Liverpool doesnt have a great image its not like its Barcelona or Sydney as a place. Just sooo cringe worthy.
The media also were star struck and to me was no surprise we got smashed as like said we acted very poorly in the build up to this game as a club as a whole was cringe worthy and this year i really felt we had gone past these days.
If Players like Noone isnt proud to play for us let him go, we need players to concentrate on playing for us, as he seemed to scared both in the chat before game about hurting liverpools feelings more than wanting to do something on the pitch.

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Anyone with a half and half scarf of BHA/Premiership team should be lined up against the back of the Goldstone Retail Park and shot with a coup de gras to the nape of the neck, no last words, nothing, just dispatched to meet their maker with some cold, hard lead and thrown into a communal grave with the cooling bodies of the rest of the 'half and halfers.' Obviously this is imho (and I'd be more than willing to do the shooting myself if no one else is up for it) but why our club produce embarrassing shite like the Spurs half and half scarf is a complete mystery to me - it's just soooo tinpot.

I have one from Liverpool and although it's a shitty quality one (annoyingly there were much nicer ones at the next stand) I'm happy to have it. It's a memento of a nice day out, not just of the fact that we played Liverpool. I didn't get one when Liverpool, Sunderland or Newcastle came to the Amex, but I think it's nice to have a memento of the day. I mean I don't go to a lot of away games (as I can't afford it really), and I got in the same way you might pick up something if you went on holiday somewhere. I've got a few nice pictures of the Kop and stuff that I took as well, cos I don't know when I'll make the trip to Anfield again. Sorry for wanting something to remember the day by and seeming tinpot ;)

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I was sooo bored of all the ass kissing we did as a club to Liverpool, we did two long interviews with Navarro and Noone and all was about Liverpool, oh how great they are, what a great place it is, how much i love the club, how i want tickets for the final.
BORING
We pay money on the website as we support brighton, dont we ? seagulls player and some players and manager to a degree become obsessed with liverpool and made them out to be a unbeatable team.
So no wonder we didnt win, the only good player was Lua Lua who showed no fear and beat full back all game, Noone was a total waste of space and should be dropped from the squad.
If he doesnt wanna perform as he hasnt since Liverpool game at home, i know been injuried a bit but in games has played has been awful, if he doesnt want to play for us and proud to be play for us, he should go.
I was embarassed on the amount of questions on liverpool, who cares, Stevenage didnt get lovestruck with Tottenham, i bet they werent talking Tottenham up. They concentrated on themselves and what need to do and also enjoy the occassion, for us it was like a holiday for some and turned into a joke. No shocks to me.
They went for Tottenham and showed wasnt star struck, we as a club was for definate star struck and was embarassing, both from some players, media and Gus who just talks up opposition and doesnt say positive things about us and that we a good side.
We gotta stop this as we a championship club with a lovely stadium and future ahead, i bet teams like cardiff wouldnt have players banging on about who facing like a child it was very very embarassing, please never do this again brighton.
Just had to get this out sorry.

decent post and had to be said....i posted on here a few days ago about how pissed off with noone i am - really unprofessional from him in so many respects.

totally gone off him - if he loves liverpool that much - f*** off back there.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
decent post and had to be said....i posted on here a few days ago about how pissed off with noone i am - really unprofessional from him in so many respects.

Yeah to me he was one of our best players and then we played Liverpool at the Amex where he was superb ever since then he has not seemed even half the player he was, and the way he talks about liverpool is like he is 12 years old, he does know he is a professional football and not a kid anymore doesnt he ? he was sooo poor vs liverpool i dont think he even deserved a grade out of 10.
He has talent as before liverpool game he was one of our best players but i been looking at stats and he doesnt score and doesnt set many goals up, so is he that good ? and like you said if he loves the north so much why doesnt he go back, as we need players who proud to be a brighton player.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

We should have taken the money from Cardiff when we had the chance. He is now third choice winger anyway.

Also Cardiff is nearer to Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here