Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, over 700 dead......

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
It's not a deity, it's us. Why is it overpowering God?

Because we are God.
Everything that happens in our lives is our choice.
It is a part of our journey which the Earthbound part is a very small piece of.
It's a fun part because we get to do sex,drink beer and watch football,but it is just a millisecond compared to what we are doing and where we are really going..

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Because we are God.
Everything that happens in our lives is our choice.
It is a part of our journey which the Earthbound part is a very small piece of.
It's a fun part because we get to do sex,drink beer and watch football,but it is just a millisecond compared to what we are doing and where we are really going..

Well my belief is that we are part of everything that is God but I don't think we are God literally. There is a difference.

I agree that our life is an extension of our highest consciousness, who we really are.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's not a deity, it's us. Why is it overpowering God?

a bit of basic deduction. if God wants us to have an experience based on unconditional love, with compassion, joy, peace, calm and so on, and there is pain, diesese, in mankind and in the rest of nature, it follow your God's will has been overpowered. if you are saying we are responsible for everything, even that we have no control or even sight of, you've diminished your God's power to a very low threshold. or frankly non existant, as man clear cannot control much in nature, despite our endevour.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Firstly what rules?

Secondly, everything that is not from a loving place, we created.

i didnt claim there were rules, you infered it. for a God to allow pain and suffering, then expect others to counter that, seems like a game to me. your God is a petty and malicious one so far, love me or suffer seems to be the message. you want to claim "we" create all the badness, i dont see what anyone has done to create the afflicted child's condition. as above, this gives us far too much power. unless you are refering to original sin, in which case you are saying all the ills of the world are on someones actions 8000 (or what ever) years ago. thats a vindictive God you have there.

thanks for having a go, ultimately your God is powerless and malevolent, despite the claim of wanting to love us. this is clearly a fundemental contradiction, ergo, it does not exist. maybe try another definition.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
a bit of basic deduction. if God wants us to have an experience based on unconditional love, with compassion, joy, peace, calm and so on, and there is pain, diesese, in mankind and in the rest of nature, it follow your God's will has been overpowered. if you are saying we are responsible for everything, even that we have no control or even sight of, you've diminished your God's power to a very low threshold. or frankly non existant, as man clear cannot control much in nature, despite our endevour.

The thing is you can have the greatest power in existence but if you disconnect yourself from it then the only other alternative is for God to wield that power. Would you accept God's power and be happy about it? The thing is "power" has negative connotations to us for obvious reasons. God's power, with no negativity attached to it, is love.

Let's hope that man eventually realises that we have made a monumental mess of things and starts treating each other with love and respect, then we may not destroy each other altogether :(

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
i didnt claim there were rules, you infered it. for a God to allow pain and suffering, then expect others to counter that, seems like a game to me. your God is a petty and malicious one so far, love me or suffer seems to be the message. you want to claim "we" create all the badness, i dont see what anyone has done to create the afflicted child's condition. as above, this gives us far too much power. unless you are refering to original sin, in which case you are saying all the ills of the world are on someones actions 8000 (or what ever) years ago. thats a vindictive God you have there.

thanks for having a go, ultimately your God is powerless and malevolent, despite the claim of wanting to love us. this is clearly a fundemental contradiction, ergo, it does not exist. maybe try another definition.

Oh dear, I did wonder how long the conversation would take for you to descend into that :(

The problem seems to be that your "God" you give human characteristics and attributes.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Oh dear, I did wonder how long the conversation would take for you to descend into that :(

The problem seems to be that your "God" you give human characteristics and attributes.

i allowed you to set the definition, remember. you gave it the characteristis, not me. i understand that you cant challenge any of the points, because your faith prevents you from accepting the logical conclusions.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Here's a little story:

There was a man stuck on the roof of his house due to a major flood. He prayed to God to save him. Soon later, a boat turned up. The man stranded on the roof sent the boat away telling them God was going to save him. A helicopter soon later turned up and again, the man sent it away in-wait of God. Eventually the man died on the roof.
Once he got to Heaven, he straight away asked God "Why didn't you save me?" God replied "Well I did send you a boat and a bloody helicopter!"

ah I see your little story says if you pray God will help you out and in this case god sent a boat and a helicopter after a prayer request.

This makes sense as the bible says

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mark 11:24

If you are an amputee and you desire your limbs back and pray for them back why does god and the jesus geezer ignore these specific prayers…..If you can build a universe im sure you can pop someones legs back on,cant be that hard when you created man in the first place can it?

In the whole of mankinds history god or his sidekick jesus hasn’t done this once at all

perhaps god and his lad just hate disabled people……they do refuse to cure amputees for some bizarre reason

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
i allowed you to set the definition, remember. you gave it the characteristis, not me. i understand that you cant challenge any of the points, because your faith prevents you from accepting the logical conclusions.

I've had a chance to sleep on it and maybe I didn't explain myself well enough.

Here's a scenario

A being----------------------- God

"Father I want to leave" "Why, I love you"

"But all I know is your love, I want to do my own thing and experience what it's like away from your love." "OK but when you leave you are going to be pure and others who have left before you, will want your power"

So he leaves, gets into trouble and God can't bear to see him suffer so heals all his pain. He leaves again, gets into trouble, God saves him, repeat, repeat repeat etc for millennia

"Stop that. Why are you interfering. How can I truly understand how much you love me if I don't experience being without it." "But I love you and I don't want to see you suffer"

"Let me experience on my terms and I will clean up my own mess. If I get into a real mess I'll turn to you and accept your love" "But when things go wrong that you've created you won't understand and blame me"

" And when you think I haven't helped you, you'll hate me and call me malevolent."

"How do you know that?" "Just a guess"

" I have to find out for myself even if it means I might get lost" " I am confident my love is strong enough that when you have experienced enough and you get lost you will turn back to me"

" And my love will guide you back home."

Something like that.

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
well you have rejected the thousands of Gods that came before the god of Abraham

how did you disprove the existence of them?

was it simply you thought they sounded like a load of b@llocks,

I didn't choose a God, I didn't follow what someone else told me to do, I started feeling and experiencing.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Pardon????? That sounds like a comment made out of complete ignorance to me. Quite the opposite is true.

So which part of committing a crime, saying sorry, being forgiven instantly and then you get into heaven, isn't absolving yourself of accountability/responsibility?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
"Stop that. Why are you interfering. How can I truly understand how much you love me if I don't experience being without it." "But I love you and I don't want to see you suffer"

"Let me experience on my terms and I will clean up my own mess. If I get into a real mess I'll turn to you and accept your love" "But when things go wrong that you've created you won't understand and blame me"

who is it that's demanding to go out and experience "being"? your story is contrived to fit the conclusion, not starting from a real position.

even if a few did, why apply it wholesale to everyone, when you could allow those that want this to go on their merry way, while protecting those accepting a life free of suffering. and then why suffering outside of mankind, is that for our benefit too? I'd like you to ask yourself seriously, why does your God want a mother who's done nothing wrong in life to give birth to a deformed child. who is this suffering in aid of: the mother, the child, the rest of mankind?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
None of the arguments to absolve god of our suffering stand up to the slightest scrutiny. Bad things happen because we brought it on ourselves, and he's unable to help? Then he's no use. He loves us and is watching the whole time, waiting for us to return to him? The idea is abhorrent. It doesn't matter because things will be better when we're dead? **** that.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why do people need a god? Praying to a god doesnt seem to do a great deal, considering the amount of praying done with few results, and over the centuries religion has managed to cause quite a bit of grief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here