Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So no one saw it then?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I've come on here expecting to see a thread about last nights offering on ITV 4,
World of sport, not the usual one with just wrestling but clips from the whole programme. I was like a dog with two cocks. Dickie Davies, Cycloball, canal vaulting, Les Kellett, Mick Mcmanus (and his ears) the unmasking of Kendo Nagasaki, proper scrambling, Jimmy Hill to name but a few.
They also showed clips from Indoor league with Fred (i'll sithee) Trueman and his pipe, in my view it was fantastic, best programme for years, should be on ITV player.
If iv'e missed the thread i am going to get slaughtered.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Forget that WWF shit, Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks was PROPER wrestling........EASY EASY

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I've come on here expecting to see a thread about last nights offering on ITV 4,
World of sport, not the usual one with just wrestling but clips from the whole programme. I was like a dog with two cocks. Dickie Davies, Cycloball, canal vaulting, Les Kellett, Mick Mcmanus (and his ears) the unmasking of Kendo Nagasaki, proper scrambling, Jimmy Hill to name but a few.
They also showed clips from Indoor league with Fred (i'll sithee) Trueman and his pipe, in my view it was fantastic, best programme for years, should be on ITV player.
If iv'e missed the thread i am going to get slaughtered.

I watched the programme too, it was great! Had forgotten about some of the dirge that used to pass for sporting entertainment in my childhood!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
[yt]0DSro4l_0cE[/yt]

These REAL MEN would destroy the steroid pumped, shriveled cocked American WWF pansies.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
for those of you that had the misfortune not to be around during the kendo , catweazle era :)

[yt]vz01e1wB898[/yt]

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Brought back great memories - especially the wrestling. Used to see Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks et all at the Worthing Assembly Hall as a kid in the late 70's early 80's.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Me too, used to go with a pal from school and his dad, Tuesday nights at Tunbridge Wells Assembly Hall. Tally Ho Kaye, Bobby Barnes etc fantasic.

Me too, used to go with a pal from school and his dad, Tuesday nights at Tunbridge Wells Assembly Hall. Tally Ho Kaye, Bobby Barnes etc fantasic.

I went there a couple of times with my late Grandad who used to love the Saturday afternoon wrestling. Used to love the punters (usually elderly ladies) getting worked up at ringside at the perceived unfairness of it all! Saw a tag match McManus and Logan v Big Daddy and unknown wimpy young guy. Fans of the genre could probably guess how it went, it ended with Big Daddy doing the famous "splash" on Logan and jamming (supposedly) the corner bucket on McManus' head and hitting it repeatedly. Real sport eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here