Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye

Who will you be most sad to see leave Englush club football?

• Jurgen Klopp

Votes: 67 73.6%
  • Emma Hayes

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Klopp a tinge overrated, had that brilliant season with Salah, Mane Firminho etc winning the title, a proper nice guy, very likeable but never repeated that small period of greatest and bang average more seasons than contenders
Liverpool had 3 seasons when they amassed 92, 97 and 99 points respectively. The historic average points tally for a Premier League title winner is 87.67.

But for City circumventing FFP with their underhand tactics Klopp would have won 3 Prem titles, matching Mourinho and Wenger. He is a truly great manager.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Klopp certainly livened things up with the high press and high tempo.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I was really hoping this was going to be someone pulling an epic flounce and letting us all know they were leaving NSC or forsaking BHA.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was really hoping this was going to be someone pulling an epic flounce and letting us all know they were leaving NSC or forsaking BHA.
Yes, I thought @crodonilson had finally crossed that event horizon . . . .

Silly me. What was I thinking? ???

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m having the week from hell . Thanks for cheering mr up Crodo. Very funny thread 👍

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Proper shocked to see the two names come up.

No, Davy Pröpper has been gone since 2021. He wouldn't have been shocked unless he had been working on the Amex electrical system.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All the people falling over themselves to demonstrate how little they care about the women's game is rather pathetic, it has to be said.
And then some like me just can’t stand her.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
So this weekend we say goodbye to two absolute colossuses and legends of the English club game. Both will be a huge loss to the English club football family we are all part of, but which will you be most sad to see leave?
Poor thread.

We are losing THREE colossuses of the English game this weekend.

David Moyes > Emma Hayes > Juergen Klopp

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Poor thread.

We are losing THREE colossuses of the English game this weekend.

David Moyes > Emma Hayes > Juergen Klopp
Are we f***.

Moyes will be getting another job soon enough, possibly even before Wet Sham ask him back again.
Hayes is somehow going to crop up in punditry all over the shop.*
Jürgen will be a VERY special guest less frequently but for higher profile occasions.

*Yes I know she probably knows a lot about football, but that never seems to come across, she seems generally annoying, she's going to go on about Chelsea all the time. So it's not sexist.
My complaint that she's rough to look at is though.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Jürgen will be a VERY special guest less frequently but for higher profile occasions.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jürgen Klopp ends up with Rebecca Lowe and Tim Howard on the NBC, Peacock, USA, etc broadcasts in America.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here