Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Leo's gone and FFP isn't on our side. Who would you bring In on our "Budget and Wages"

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I would plough all £8m into research to find out why tedious misery merchants such as yourself derive pleasure from being such towering arse hats on Internet forums and Facebook pages. Serious answer.

Seems like a reasonably accurate reply to a no brainier OP. Though I'd sooner not waste the money on such a pointless exercise.
Let him fester.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Well i believe the money men will give Hyypia a competative budget. We don t know what it is or what the wages will be but i think by end of September we will see 5 more players coming in. Mixture of a couple of loans, couple of signing and one bigger money signing. If we are pocketing 8 million up front then i expect half towards FFP and the other half to build a competative squad. Wages will be a lot lower this year as well. All the bigger earners now have gone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why does everyone want a big name player. Peter Ward was 19 and completely unknown when he joined. Our U21 seems to be recruiting and trialling some interesting young players. How do we know that they are not about to become new stars?

No one knew Ulloa either. No one could pronounce his name or say for certain if he would be referred to as Leonardo. All we had were a few you tube videos and the usual bellends who think they're an expert because they play Football Manager.

For that matter no one this time last year really expected March, JFC and Ince to be first team regulars. March I like and he will feature again this season and Ince was a colossus. JFC I am not so sure about but having seen his performances for England it is possible it was Garcia who was holding him back. Hopefully Jones will have watched those games too.

Sami has given Shamir Fenelon a go in the friendlies and has been rewarded by goals and I would expect to see him feature in the squad this season too.

I would also expect us to go the foreign route for a marquee replacement. If we could get that in for 3-4 million and spend a million each (or so) on keeper and left back we will have a VERY decent squad and 2 - 3 million in the bank. While I'd expect this to pay off debts that's only right isn't it?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So who would you bring In given our financial "Problems"? Anyone from L1/L2 Conference?, Abroad or would you dig through the U21s?. Serious thread

I don't think anyone is claiming to know exactly what our budget or wages are. I'd argue that we probably don't have a fixed figure for either, especially now in the light of the money received for Ulloa.

Ultimately, it is Sami's job to determine the areas and the type of player needed to a) improve the squad and b) suit the system that he wants to implement.

If we look at the squad as it is today, we need to recruit a goalkeeper, a left back and another forward. Beyond that, I think we're sorted.

As regarding FFP punishments, we have to operate under the assumption that action will be taken against clubs who break the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here