Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So, knowing what you know now…

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would you do that again?

I don’t mean wind back the clock, as obviously we’d all do our first European away game again.

But if we drew Marseille away next year, would you put yourself through all that again?

I absolutely f***ing loved it. But I don’t think I’d do it again. Intense.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ticked it off the list but won’t be rushing back any time soon. Atmosphere was incredible though

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Would you do that again?

I don’t mean wind back the clock, as obviously we’d all do our first European away game again.

But if we drew Marseille away next year, would you put yourself through all that again?

I absolutely f***ing loved it. But I don’t think I’d do it again. Intense.
I think it would be less intense the second time around.

I might change my travel route next time but I'd probably go again

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I’d do it all again it was f***ing buzzing. Popped down the port post match too. Only thing that would put me off is the buses but I’d get out and get the metro next time.

clivebuckley

Jul 28, 2011
Well in 40 years I've never heard a crowd like that,! Makes us look shit which we weren't later on.
Experience was always the worse Q at 4,10 and miss 10 minutes of the game!
Way out don't get me started we should get our money back

Reactions: cjd

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well in 40 years I've never heard a crowd like that,! Makes us look shit which we weren't later on.
Experience was always the worse Q at 4,10 and miss 10 minutes of the game!
Way out don't get me started we should get our money back

Way out we got in the same Queue but got the bus. The way back missed the first set of buses. Absolute f***ing joke. The club need to take on bored all our feedback and send the French ****s via Eastbourne to get to and from the ground. Frog police purposely trying to cause a bit of drama, piss poor planning. f*** em. What a special night.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yeah I’d do it again but probably make a longer break of it.

Nicks

A complete wall of noise. What an amazing atmosphere.
Yes I would do it again except waiting to get out of the ground then sitting on a bus for an hour before moving off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A complete wall of noise. What an amazing atmosphere.
It seems all seater stadia doesn’t kill atmosphere after all.

The noise during the penalty was deafening.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I couldn’t choose to miss that. It was mental.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Realistically. I only had enough work leave for one of them and threw all my eggs into the Amsterdam basket (on 275 the gamble just paid off). Watched on the telly last night with insane jealousy and a sense I’d backed the wrong horse. That was only eased a bit by @Titanic ’s updates on leaving (he wasn’t on the first buses).

Really looking forward to the Dam, already visualising myself in various bars, in Dam Square and at another great, atmospheric ground.

Should we ever get to Europe again and somehow draw Marseille it’ll be top of the to do list from what I saw on TV and read on here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Realistically. I only had enough work leave for one of them and threw all my eggs into the Amsterdam basket (on 275 the gamble just paid off). Watched on the telly last night with insane jealousy and a sense I’d backed the wrong horse. That was only eased a bit by @Titanic ’s updates on leaving (he wasn’t on the first buses).

Really looking forward to the Dam, already visualising myself in various bars, in Dam Square and at another great, atmospheric ground.

Should we ever get to Europe again and somehow draw Marseille it’ll be top of the to do list from what I saw on TV and read on here.
Exactly this. Couldn’t make Marseille due to other stuff on but despite having read all the ‘bad’ stuff, wouldn’t hesitate to try to go if we’re ever drawn there again. Last night looked epic and messages from a few that were there confirmed as much. Very much looking forward to Ajax and AEK.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
f*** that. Loved it, great experience but the absolute ball ache of getting to and from the ground makes it an absolute no..Bollocks to that. Looking forward to a day in Montpellier and getting away from Birmingham on sea. Marseille is about as welcoming as the horse's head scene in the godfather

Listening to my naked mate snoring his tits off as I type probably doesn't help. Neither did the late flight and train. Equally the coaches to and from the ground couldn't have been worse. Sat with the BNP wing of bhafc on the way there and squished in on the way back on the scenic tour of Marseille's greatest shitholes after a 3 hour wait.

Makes Millwall away look like Disney.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here