Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's Wednesday then

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am still keeping the faith and hoping for an upset to Boro and Burnley but sadly am beginning to believe MA saying that failure to prepare is to prepare to fail and looking back at our results in December and early January when we won 1 Lost 5 and drew 3 taking 6 points out of 27 will be the deciding factor.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I am still keeping the faith and hoping for an upset to Boro and Burnley but sadly am beginning to believe MA saying that failure to prepare is to prepare to fail and looking back at our results in December and early January when we won 1 Lost 5 and drew 3 taking 6 points out of 27 will be the deciding factor.

Bloody hell BG - I'd hate to spend a long train journey with you -

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody hell BG - I'd hate to spend a long train journey with you -
If only the Albion had won every game this season, they'd be promoted by now.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That wasnt going to happen but the bad run could have been avoided. Alan Curbishley on the FL Show thinks we will be the ones to miss out as we have too much to do and the ball is in now Boro and Burnleys court.
Being fair to Curbishley he really didn't have a firm view on who would miss out; you are in danger of making it seem he was more certain.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
,not that it matters

Being fair to Curbishley he really didn't have a firm view on who would miss out; you are in danger of making it seem he was more certain.
He was asked and he went for us, not that it matters it is only opinion in the same way as I have an opinion of why we are in this tight position, as I said at the time.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He was asked and he went for us, not that it matters it is only opinion in the same way as I have an opinion of why we are in this tight position.
He went for us in a very unsure 49%-51% sort of uncertaincy.

It's a bit unfair to say he thinks that we will miss out, as he really didn't have that black and white certainty.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That wasnt going to happen but the bad run could have been avoided. Alan Curbishley on the FL Show thinks we will be the ones to miss out as we have too much to do and the ball is in now Boro and Burnleys court.

It's not only that Curbishley thinks that .... you hardly need to be Eva Petrolengo to work it out, and since when did Curbishley become the font of all knowledge anyway?

Fact is for every duff result we had during that run (and others) then Boro and Burnley could say the same, it evens itself out. If we miss out then I'll be of a vew that we gave it a bloody good go.

If we squeeze in then you know the Burnlety or Boro forums will be full of the "if only's"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone would think it wasn't as simple as:-

Win 4 = promotion.

Still if Alan Crubishley didn't say something that backs up a pointless agenda it must be true.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
To win promotion,is the toughest examination of any team,however we get promoted,then we have passed.Shirley its that simple !

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
It would have been great to go into the game against Boro at least in second place and not even needing a draw but that's highly unlikely.
More than likely we will need to win if we are still in it at that point.
If Boro are up at that point or champions it would be wrong to think they will take their foot off the gas.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFS. You're right

I read your post a few days back and thought 'well that could well happen.' Been considering the scenario for a few days - then had a think about it and realised you were wrong so came back to check. I blame you for me being more optimistic for the last few days ;)

Stumpy Tim

I read your post a few days back and thought 'well that could well happen.' Been considering the scenario for a few days - then had a think about it and realised you were wrong so came back to check. I blame you for me being more optimistic for the last few days ;)
Well defeats to Boro and Preston would mean we're up if we win our three games before Boro. #believe

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well defeats to Boro and Preston would mean we're up if we win our three games before Boro. #believe
That would be rather nice. But Burnley haven't lost this year, so two on the bounce isn't likely, and when was the last time we won 6 in a row in this division?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Indeed. Shame about our goal difference as it could have allowed for this scenario with 1 draw and 1 defeat for Burnley. Still, most important games are ours - I was just hoping we could have nothing on the Boro game but looking likely there will be (unless we lose a couple etc!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here